Melodic Death Metal fans, New band Wirethrone releases their new video!

Metal_Camden

Sep 25, 2009
New band emerges from Florida. For all of you that enjoy some Melodic Death Metal ala Solution .45, Soilwork and Scar Symmetry Check out Wirethrone, they just released their new video. They have a new record coming soon. Check it out! hope you enjoy it, these guys have been working really hard to get it together. \m/

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=91862

Florida's Wirethrone posted the band's first music video for the track "The Architect." The song will appear on the band's upcoming debut LP "The Sun Betrays Us to the Night,"
which is targeted for a 2013 release, as the band is currently shopping the release for label interest.

Wirethrone was formed in Lakeland, Florida in late 2011 by Trey Hawkins, James Harper, Steven Behr, and Josh Delgado. Taylor Halpin was added on bass. Behr would leave then paving the way for the addition of their new permanent drummer, Adam Gallina (Drums).

For the debut release, the group worked with producer Matt Johnson of The Autumn Offering fame to record the first full length album. "The Sun Betrays Us to the Night" is a concept album dealing with loss, sanity, and defining realities.

The track listing for album is as follows:

1. City of Angels; Empire of Ghosts
2. Where Solace Sleeps
3. Into the Storm
4. In Ruined Grace
5. Plague of Tongues
6. A Fallen December
7. Shadow of My Shame
8. The Betrayal (of Light)
9. The Architect

Check out "The Architect" here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Melodic Death Metal was a genre had given up on. However, there have been a handful of releases as of late that have restored my faith in the genre. This track is phenomenal. This is the most promising band, from this genre, I've heard in a while. Can't wait to check out the whole disc.

Camden... you should also post this in the song of the week thread, might help them get some additional attention.

Melodic Death Metal was a genre had given up on. However, there have been a handful of releases as of late that have restored my faith in the genre. *snip*

What else have you listened to Zod, would be interested in hearing. I've really liked the new Omnium Gatherum eagerly await the new Dark Tranquillity disc.

Thanks for the kind words y'all. They are dear friends of mine, and I have been trying to help them out as much as I can. Glad you all enjoy the track! There are many more like this one on the new CD, Hopefully it will come out very soon :)

It's ok. Maybe I just need to listen to it more but it sounds almost exactly like Scar Symmetry with a bit more lead guitar work because they have 3 guitarists.

It's ok. Maybe I just need to listen to it more but it sounds almost exactly like Scar Symmetry with a bit more lead guitar work because they have 3 guitarists.

They actually are just two guitarists right now, and have plans to bring in a keyboardist fore the future. We will see where that takes them.

What else have you listened to Zod, would be interested in hearing. I've really liked the new Omnium Gatherum eagerly await the new Dark Tranquillity disc.
Nothing all that obscure... the new Omnium Gatherum and Soilwork. But between the two, they have gotten a lot of plays. I suspect the new DT will as well. As I noted, it's a genre I had long since written off, but seem to be craving as of late.

The one you may not have checked out yet, is Origin by Enshine. More atmoshperic than the new OG.

Nothing all that obscure... the new Omnium Gatherum and Soilwork. But between the two, they have gotten a lot of plays. I suspect the new DT will as well. As I noted, it's a genre I had long since written off, but seem to be craving as of late.

Here are some records I highly recommend you check out then if you haven't already:

The Duskfall - Frailty
Ablaze My Sorrow - Anger, Hate, and Fury
Enforsaken - The Forever Endeavor
Vehemence - God Was Created
Vehemence - Helping the World to See
Unmoored - Indefinite Soul-Extension
The Wake - Ode To My Misery

Here are some records I highly recommend you check out then if you haven't already:

The Duskfall - Frailty
Ablaze My Sorrow - Anger, Hate, and Fury
Enforsaken - The Forever Endeavor
Vehemence - God Was Created
Vehemence - Helping the World to See
Unmoored - Indefinite Soul-Extension
The Wake - Ode To My Misery
Unmoored I own. I would have sworn I owned Frailty, but apparently not. The others I will check out. Thanks for the recommendation.