Melodic Death/Thrash

dargormudshark said:
Only gor the Weak is the song that got me into the whole genre..nut just the sub genre anything Death or even Black Metal realated. It just clicked when I heard that song...I think probably it has such a great melody that clean vox wouldn't handle as powerfully...like alot of other melodic death metal songs and melodic black metal songs too.

I liked it very much at first, but then simply got bored of it after hearing the band play it and jump around on stage while singing it 10,000 times. The whole schtick just kind of seemed trendy and lame. Anyway, most people do seem to really like it and get into it though, and the energy it brings to the crowd live is undeniable, so I would certainly appear to be in the minority here.

Pellaz said:
Dark One, that new Dew-Scented CD (Issue VI) sounds really good; our consensus at the station was that it shouldn't disappoint any current fans. \m/

Excellent. Status quo on this one will be just fine with me. My copy in on its way from The End, along with the new Darkane album and the Dawn - Slaughtersun reissue.

General Zod said:
Understandable. I'm slowly (sometimes, very slowly) drifting in that direction as well.

Zod

Not an easy style to jump right into by any stretch of the imagination; however, continuous exposure has turned me into a devotee - especially with all of the crazy stuff going on in my life, I often need a big time release.

YES, WINTERSUN!!!

I am totally hooked on that band!! That guy plays guitar like an ultra fast Dave Mustaine(circa old shit)! And the blast beats!!

Waiting on that new cd!:headbang:

I like some of it, prefer stuff that has some clean vox mixed in. In Flames (Colony to present), CoB (Hatecrew, haven't listened much to the earlier stuff), Soilwork (NBC to present), & Diablo.

Amon Amarth and Darkane (Rusted Angel) are good for what they are.

I hear Instestinal Baalism praised so much as melodeath for people that don't like melodeath, but still haven't listened to them.

longshot9 said:
I like some of it, prefer stuff that has some clean vox mixed in. In Flames (Colony to present), CoB (Hatecrew, haven't listened much to the earlier stuff), Soilwork (NBC to present), & Diablo.

Children of Bodom's earlier stuff is more "power metal-inclined", and also their best stuff..

speed-check
double bass - check
neoclassical passages and solos - double check!