Melodyne

ApolloSpeed

Oct 31, 2005
Texas
www.myspace.com
Just got it...... wow great program!! 10 fold better than autotuner.

BUT.... I spent all day and night trying to figure it out. The manual was horseshit. Pretty stiff learning curve for me.

I still have one problem, I had a project with varying tempos on a click track...and I can't get Melodyne to work right on some of the tracks. The audio will be off tempo.

I wish I could just have Melodyne ignore all tempos. That way I'm not worried about that shit. I tried the autoscretch button, but that didn't work.

Anyone got a clue??:zombie:

I had the same problem with tempos and melodyne. I use melodyne studio btw. I never figured out how to solve it, what I did is just manually change the tempo in melodyne in each segment and then export each segment separately.

I wonder, you use melodyne plugn or studio? Because studio has a pretty detailed interactive "tour" of the program's functions and it's pretty easy to learn.

Are you using the standalone program? If you link Melodyne with your host via Melodyne bridge, you should have none of the problems above.

yeah, I'm using the bridge too.

Here my problem.

Say I have two songs recorded in Reaper. the first song recorded at 154bpm. The second at 164bpm.

First song works great.....When I go to tweak the second song in Melodyne, the tempo Melodyne outputs is off. I have to go back to Reaper and set the click track to the first song's tempo for it to work right.:erk:

have been meaning to give it a fair shot for years, but i've always preferred autotune, and in that department, running it through the atr-1a hardware instead of the plug-in.