Death metal drum beats here

vile_ator

www.imperialmastering.com
I have a friend that has his BA in Music from Berklee. He specializes in death metal though. Strange but true. Anyway, he has been helping me write music for my death metal band, Vile. There are very few drummers that can play this stuff and so I would send him the riffs to a click and he would write the beats in MIDI on his computer and send em back. Eventually I got a real drummer to play the stuff we wrote in the studio. But it is a very cool situation.

I told him that what he did for me has got to be needed by tons of musicians out there and if only they could somehow get access to this kind of service. So we decided to start writing a library of beats that pertain this this kind of music that people could download and paste together to make their own sounds. Way better than using a drum machine and way more fun! We think we could offer MIDI versions for people that have the ability to use a MIDI program and also audio versions for people that dont want to mess with MIDI. The atvantage to using the MIDI would be that you could make the tempos that you want and you can supply your own sounds. With the audio versions we could use a variety of sounds and offer the beats with your choice of sounds and pick from various common tempos.

The idea is not to get rich on this but to charge a small fee for the effort.

Would you guys think about this and offer any ideas you think might help to make this an even better idea? I mean we have this super talented death metal drummer that programs his beats in the computer very easily and quickly. Why not put this guy to use?!!

I had him send me some sample beats with just some cheap sounds but they give you an idea of some of the beats he can offer and you can hear what were talking about. You can right click on the folder and save it to your own computer. Leave the original folder in the FTP though.

go to: ftp://imperialmastering.zftp.com/

user name is: darren#imperialmastering.zftp.com
password is vile

Cheers,

Colin

hey Colin,

this is this is the second time i've had trouble with your server after a post from you on here... i guess i'm internet deficient.. but i get a message saying the name and/or password are not correct.

by the way.. i've been compiling beats like this for quite a while.. have LOADS of them.. maybe i'll share too... have to figure out how to find the time to mess with it... my collection is all midi

I was going to do something similar but I couldn't find enough people interested to make it worth my while. I have done some tracks for friends. It helps if the persons interested have some knowledge on working within a sequencer and/or midi. I use DFHS for my drum tracks.

Guys, I have had trouble with access to that FTP before as well. I I dont know why. Try typing in the info and not cutting and pasting from this board. Maybe its some kind of security feature. I just tried it that way and it works. Look to my original post for the access info. The beats should all work. Let me know if this works out.

Colin

vile_ator said:
Guys, I have had trouble with access to that FTP before as well. I I dont know why. Try typing in the info and not cutting and pasting from this board. Maybe its some kind of security feature. I just tried it that way and it works. Look to my original post for the access info. The beats should all work. Let me know if this works out.

Colin

...No!... Not working!
Same error again!...
:loco: :loco: :loco:

Try this, it works for me.

ftp://darren#imperialmastering.zftp.com:vile@imperialmastering.zftp.com/

EDIT: It works in Internet Explorer, I can't get it to work in Firefox, which is what I normally use, but it doesn't bug me because I use both anyways.

OTHER EDIT: I guess you have to actually copy that into the address bar, clicking it doesn't do much.
Code:
ftp://darren#imperialmastering.zftp.com:vile@imperialmastering.zftp.com/

This is annoying. Every time I give my FTP info on this forum, people come back saying it doesnt work. But my clients use this all the time and it works. I just had some friends on other computers log on and it works for them too.

I would say, dont cut and paste from this forum, type it in. Make sure you spell everything correctly and use Internet Explorer.

The beats are there in the Public HTML folder and they all work.

Colin