Anyone here do any hip hop production?

Reason is great, but i cant stand to use it exclusively anymore. as a source signal its fine when rewiring but i find any and all effects in it much harder to work with than in my normal DAW. NN-XT is a great sampler if you dont have anything like kontakt or EXS24. For getting into electronic music making and sampling id say standalone its pretty effective and easy to get into, but i prefer to work it in with other things.

nice to write in though

Thanks James,

Well I use the Akai mpd32

If you want to do authentic hip hop production its important to use those akai mpc style pads for sure. Lots of the top guys still use an mpc 2000,3000 etc.

Have you considered FL Studio coupled with your own samples/synths? Maybe, its because I've used FL since it was in 2 point something but I've always loved that program for making beats. I never mix in it though.

http://www.soundclick.com/daveblackinstrumentals

I make hip hop, techno, VG music when I need a little break from metal and I've sold a few here and there.

Why do you think Reason is ghey Social? Seems pretty sweet to me, cooler than anything else I've looked at.

Just personal preference. ;) When I want a pad sound (for my music which isn't Hip Hop) I think Spectrasonics - Omnisphere or my Nord Lead 3, not Reason. I guess Reason reminds me of the Roland MC 303 I used to have a long time ago. (reason does sound better IMO) It has this sound that sounds like, well, Reason. To get away from that you could use samples sure, I just prefer doing it in Logic with various plugs that I consider better sounding. Then again the Hip Hop dudes downstairs love it. Rewired in PT :loco: