in desperate need of midi expert advice

reneisgod

Rene
Aug 28, 2006
Scotland
en-gb.facebook.com
I will try and explain what I want to do and how I think it can be done
I need someone to tell me if im going down the right path or there is an easier route.

Ok lets say I have a midi controller footboard with 4 patches
running into logic audio 5.5

i have 4 audio tracks set up in logic as follows

audiotrack 1 sample1
audiotrack 2 sample2
audiotrack 3 sample3
audiotrack 4 sample4

(ok the obvious foot controller 1 plays back sample 1 and so on...)

now if i play back any of the loops there all going to start playing unless the others r on mute
this is my problem !

I had the idea of maybe setting markers so logic reads the midi signal from the patches say footpedal one
plays marker 1-2 which is sample one

layed out like this

markers

1 2 3 4 5 6

sample1
sample2
sample3
sample4

and logic will read that the end of each marker it will stop playing making sure it doesnt go into the next marker playing the next loop.

success right ???

now would this work or is there an easier way of setting this up ?

too anyone that can be arsed actually reading and understanding any of this I thanks you

this is for a live set up btw i know this is something your basic sampler can definetly do i jsut dont know how to set it up using logic.

could i use Battery r something like that and send midi control messages to that ?

Ok, I'm not a logic user, however I’m sure logic can have a midi controller assigned to the solo or mute button on a track. Personally I would use the EXS24 "or other sampler (Kontakt)" to handle this rather than having a logic session dedicated. Hope this helps.

This is for Kontakt 3 (Im sure battery could do it as well) but at least this will head you in the right direction.

http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=kontakt3tutorial1&L=0

yeah i think ur right
im actually at work the now im just trying to plan it out in my ehad before trying it
i think ive been going the total wrong way about it.
if i just assign the samples in logic exs 24 and send the midi controller messages
to each key i think that will work or should in theory

cheers man dunno what i was thinking now haha