Hip-hop.

Liquid Diamonds said:
What? How on Earth do you figure that? :erk:

Please tell me you haven't just heard 'Ms Jackson' and 'Hey Ya' and come to that conclusion?

:erk:

By isnt hip hop i meant its too shit to be classed in the same genre as some really good music which is hip hop.

yep. i said it just as someone would dismiss some shit band (Thy Serpent fe) from metal.

well theyre gratifying on a very superficial level for me, i can listne to one of their songs over the normal trash on the radio...still not mind blowing, but i never listen to the genre anyway.

metal_wrath said:
lol

You probably just heard them for the first time today.

I've never heard them in my life, but seeing as you had their picture as your avatar for a while and they look like a bunch of retards I'm going to stick my neck out and guess that they suck.

daz436 said:
I've never heard them in my life, but seeing as you had their picture as your avatar for a while and they look like a bunch of retards I'm going to stick my neck out and guess that they suck.
You sir, are a dipshit.

Btw, thanks for proving my point. :)

metal_wrath said:
You sir, are a dipshit.

Btw, thanks for proving my point. :)

Your point that I'd never heard them? No problem, I don't listen to metal lol, I like Opeth & Katatonia and maybe a bit of Bloodbath if I want a laugh, I'm not really interested in getting to know loads of metal music.

daz436 said:
Ever heard of differing opinions? Obviously not.

So you've listened to Outkasts classic records? 'Atliens', for example. Or 'Southernplayalisticadillacmusik'? Maybe 'Aquemini'?

You don't think they're that great then fair enough, but saying that they're 'too shit' to be hip-hop is just plain old hatin'.

NineFeetUnderground said:
but only some are worth mentioning. :oops:

I can't work out if this is some form of pointed comment or not :err: are you claiming that Outkast is infact a worthy addition to the genre or are you merely backing up your position as the guy with the best opinion? Or both?

Stankonia is maybe worth mentioning as some form of pop/funk/electronica outfit. Nothing else of theirs is worth a mention and especially not as hiphop due to its below or bang on averageness.

this thread went down the toilet when you mentioned eminem and gay-z.those two are the equivalent of korn and slipknot in metal world.

Aquemini is one of my five favorite hip hop albums, that thing is still genius after 100 listens.

Their other stuff is pretty good, though I'd say I don't pull out Stankonia more than once a year or so. Andre is a true musical talent, great songs and great lyrics.

TheUnforgiven said:
this thread went down the toilet when you mentioned eminem and gay-z.those two are the equivalent of korn and slipknot in metal world.

I dunno, Jigga has done some ok things... arrogant fucker, but he has a smooth flow. He'll never touch Nas though, not in a million years, and he IS a long way off being the best of what the genre has to offer.

And hip-hop's equivalent to Korn would be Lloyd Banks. Or Tony Yayo.

:puke: