Metal versus Hip Hop

Do you think that race really matters in music?

Abso-fucking-lutely not.

Not to me anyway; good metal is good metal regardless of where the musicians come from.

In hip-hop ? I don't know. I know virtually nothing about it as it doesn't really float my boat.

I think hip hop and rap are alright. I'm not interested in the youth subculture. Most of the music bores me.

The way that women will buy and listen to music that actually says how stupid they are and all of that confuses me tbh.

About the only rap I can tolerate is Run DMC and the Beastie Boys. Some old school rap is alright, but I HATE modern mainstream rap, yet again, who here doesn't?

At the black history month assembly before the whole break dancing team (which was all Asian) did their routine one of the speakers said "Rap started in the 70's and was posotive, modern Rap promotes drug use, sex, sexism and violence". And then proceeded to play songs about that stuff.

Hey guys, I just wrote a rap loop! Damn, this shit is so easy even a retard could... oh yeah.

EDIT: Track info

Title - Realm of the Mundane
Artist - Urbanis Inarticulata
Album - Underwhelming Vernacular Expressions, Volume 1

© Matthew F. Tabor, 2008

I can't be arsed reading through this entire thread as I'm sure it's full of "RAP IS FOR FAGS, WIGGERS AND my pals" posts :)loco:), but I recommend fans of rap and/or good music to check out the following artists/groups:

Jedi Mind Tricks
Army Of The Pharaohs
Demigodz
La Coka Nostra
GZA/Genius
Ghostface Killah

Speaking of Norway, this guy is incredibly awesome.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=0X4pmiCAq58[/ame]