a PHD in hip hop?

gangster_big.jpg

I believe "crunk" is a portmanteau of "crazy" and "drunk".

(as a side note, look at urban dictionary's word of the day for today)

and if that's the only example you can think of, you're being one picky motherfucker. Go read Lewis Carroll's "Jabberwocky". There's complete nonsense words in that poem, yet it is a highly revered piece of literature.

not the only example, just the one i picked because its one of the words that really annoys me
~gR~

didnt you pay attention in school? "there's no such thing as a stupid question" ~ every school teacher EVER.

the only reason my questions are stupid to you is because we disagree.
~gR~

no theyre stupid because if you cant see a connection between ebonics and english you must be illiterate. it's so self-evident it doesnt even warrant discussion

so you cant provide examples. basically you cant provide proof. then i must be right

ebonics is equal to 1337

please lock this thread now
~gR~

ebonics isnt a dialect. its people who decided to make up their own language instead of paying attention in school.

Ebonics is a dialect. You see, it really doesn't matter if it was created through malaise or not, it is still a dialect that is used by a large majority of people throughout the states. Also, ven if it were to be a synthetic language (or "made up" as you've put it), that doesn't mean it has no real grammatical structure.

creole is completly different. like afrikaans, its the mixing of 2 real languages. ebonics is english mixed with what? ignorance. where is the influence for the word shizzle? or crunk? where is the logical step from shit to shizzle?

Two "real" languages? That is by far the stupidest statement you have made in this thread. Pray tell, what is a "real" language? Do you even know how to define such a concept?

I highly suggest you reread Wires & Waves posts again; he pretty much nailed it on the head.

Usually, I don't mind having to wade through some of the retardation on this board - but your act of sucking this entire thread into your glory hole (which is a place I definitely don't want to be) is driving me insane.

so you cant provide examples. basically you cant provide proof. then i must be right

ebonics is equal to 1337

please lock this thread now
~gR~

Nice use of fallacious logic.