Metal versus Hip Hop

"Hip Hop has AIDS and fails at life cos it sucks and isn't good and dies and then vomits it's AIDS back into the world as second rate wannabe AIDS infected Rn'B pop with no melody, no instruments, a drum machine and a failure saying "Yeah" "Yo" "What" "Okay" and "Check It"
thus........................ it's fucking gay, has AIDS, and should die forever.

And the attitude towards women in hip hop---- They deserve it for going out with those fags and getting their AIDS in the first place."

Is what i would say....

I don't like it, i don't think it's anything musical, the lyrics are dumb, and they treat women poorly calling them hoes.

BUT HOW MUCH HIP HOP HAVE YOU EVER HEARD, PROBABLY NOT MUCH. EVEN IF YOU HAVE, I DONT SEE HOW YOU CAN SAY ITS GAY AND HAS AIDS AND JUST POINT OUT LIL JON. THAT DUDES A FLOP JUST LIKE THROWDOWN IS TO METAL...

Dude, hip hop is mainstream music and everyone hears it everywhere all the time. I've probably heard more hip hop in my life than metal just because of the way it has infiltrated mainstream media and the music business.

I like old school 70's/80's rap stuff, but other than that, there's not much hip hop, rap, rn'b or whatever that deserves my attention.

I bet half the little wannabee gangsta homie's have never even heard of Sugarhill Gang, Public Enemy, Run DMC and other such artists.

It's the same with metal, how many black fringe, tight jean, spin kicking screamo Killswitch fags do you think have ever heard of bands like Celtic Frost, Cynic, Death, Iron Maiden, Priest, Sepultura, Forbidden, Anvil, or Saxon? Not fucken many, so i hate modern hip hop as much as i hate modern metal.

So, i've heard it before, i know how it goes. It's really not good. Period.

THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE EVEN MENTIONING MAX OR CAVALERA CONSPIRACY OR SPEAKING ON IT AT ALL IF THEY MADE MUSIC THAT SUCKS BALLS?

YOUR RIGHT HIP HOP IS MAINSTREAM, BUT SOME. JUST AS WITH ANY GENERE THERES MAINSTREAM AND UNDERGROUND. SOME GOOD, SOME BAD...

IN ORDER FOR YOU TO SAY ALL OF IT SUCKS, ITS A BIT CLOSED MINDED IF YOU ASK ME. NOW, THAT DOESNT MEAN MOST OF ITS GOOD BY ANY MEANS. BUT ITS ALL A PERSONAL OPINION.

IVE HEARD THE ARTISTS YOU MENTIONED. AND OLDSCHOOL IS BETTER. I FEEL THAT WAY ABOUT METAL AS WELL, ID RATHER LISTEN TO DEATH,MORBID ANGEL,NAPALM DEATH,KRISIUN
AND SO ON THAN SOME FAGGOTASS BREAKDOWN SHIT LIKE THROWDOWN WHO CALL THEMSELVS HARDCORE BUT REALLY AINT SHIT BUT SOME BITCHASS FUCKS WHO LOVE BREAKDOWNS AND COPYING OTHER BANDS STYLES TO TRY TO GET SOME FAME. OR LIKE KILLSWITCH ENGAY DESTROYING DIO'S SONG!

I DONT SEE HOW ONE CAN DISS SOULFLY WHAT SO EVER FOR THEIR CURRENT MUSIC. ITS HEAVY AS FUCK, TECHNICAL DUE TO RIZZOS SKILL, AND INNOVATIVE AND DIFFERENT WITH AMAZING SONG STRUCTURE AND ARRANGEMENT THAT NO FUCKING METAL BAND EVER HAD OR HAD THE BALLS TO TRY CUZ THEY ALL GIVE TO MUCH OF A FUCK ABOUT BEING "THIS" OR "THaT".

FUCK LABELS AND CLOSED MINDS.

AND, JUST LIKE WITH METAL OR ANY KIND OF MUSIC ONE MUST GO OUT AND LOOK AND FIND THE ARTISTS HE/SHE WANTS TO RESPECT OR LISTEN TO.

WRITING SHIT OFF ESPECIALLY A WHOLE GENERE IS EASY AND NATURAL AT TIMES, BUT FUCK THAT STUPIDITY! ITS ESPECIALLY EASY TO WRITE OFF IF YOU BASE IT ON SOMETHING AS DUMB AS IF ITS MAINSTREAM OR NOT.

THATS LIKE SAYING LED ZEPPELIN SUCKS CUZ EVERYONE KNOWS WHO THEY WERE.

AND YOU DONT THINK METAL IS JUST AS MAINSTREAM>? SEE HOW MANY TICKETS TO SHOWS IRON MAIDEN, BLACK SABBATH, MEGADETH, AND SO ON SELL... HOW MANY RADIO STATIONS SUCK THEIR DICKS AS WELL??? DO THEY SUCK? FUCK NO!

THERES BARELY SUCH THING AS MAINSTREAM ANYMORE DUDE WITH TECHNOLOGY TO GO OUT AND FIND ANY KIND OF MUSIC BY ANYBODY AT ANY TIME. EVERYTHING IS WHAT IT IS.

I like Soulfly, Nailbomb and CC, but compared to early Sepultura it just falls flat.

I'm not saying all hip hop sucks, because i said i like some old school shit. The original comment i made the other week was supposed to be a joke.

I'm not a hip hop fan, i'm a rock and metal fan, i like some hip hop and rap but the majority of it just isn't my cup of tea.

Hope that clears things up.

THANKS FOR CLEAERING SHIT UP. YOU DIDNT HAVE TO HAHA BUT I LIKE TO HEAR PEOPLE OPINIONS YOU KNOW? DUDE, I CAN UNDERSTAND WHERE MOST HIP HOP AND RAP ISNT YOUR CUP OF TEA CUZ ITS NOT REALLY SOMETHING IM INTO A LOT EITHER. I LIKE SELECT ARTISTS, THATS HOW I LOOK AT IT.

AND, METAL REIGNS SUPREME ON ALL MUSIC IN MY OPINION AS WELL. HAHA

I AM A HUGE SOULFLY,SEPUL,NAILBOMB,CC FAN. I CAN SEE WHERE MANY PEOPLE MAY LIKE SOME MATERIAL BETTER, I MEAN EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENCE OF OPINION ESPECIALLY ABOUT POLITICS AND MUSIC HAHA. I PERSONALLY LOVE OLD SEPUL AND NAILBOMB THE BEST.
SOULFLY ALWAYS KICKED ASS 2 ME, BUT RECENTLY THEY HAVE GOTTEN BETTER AND BETTER AND WITH "CONQUER" I LIKE IT EVEN BETTER THAN SAY "BENEATH THE REMAINS". I DIDNT THINK ANYTHING COULD TOP "ARISE" YOU KNOW, OR EVEN "SCHIZOPHRENIA" BUT, SOULFLY HAS BLOWN ME AWAY WITH "CONQUER" AND I NEVER STOPPED SUPPORTING ONCE IN MANY YEARS SO...
CC IS AMAZING AND GREAT 2 SEE AS WELL, BECAUSE NOBODY CAN COMPETE WITH IGGOR ON DRUMS NO MATTER HOW BADASS THEY ARE, IGGOR HAS ATTITUDE AND INTENSITY LIKE NO OTHERS WHEN HE PLAYS AND ITS HIS OWN STYLE. PLUS THE CC ALBUM IS GREAT, VERY HEAVY AND THRASH INFLUENCED, BUT NOT JUST OLDSCHOOLISH, GREAT SOUNDS NO MATTER WHAT TIMELINE YOU KNOW??? HEAVY 2 BE HEAVY :)

Well, this is a bit off-topic, but I have to admit, that being a metalhead and being involved with the metal scene/fans for over a decade now, has almost made me feel embarassed to be a fan of metal.

It's like being surrounded by narrow minded retards who think that metal as a music, and even as a way of life is pretty much the highest form of human being.

This rap vs. metal debate proves my point. Normal people are able to respond with words other than "it f***ing sucks" "metal rulz, f*** everything else". Then they go around saying that other people are narrow minded when it comes to music etc.

Yes, the metalscene is as varied when it comes to individuals as any other scene, and I know a lot of intelligent metalheads, but usually the most retarded, narrow minded metalheads are the most vocal ones.

And metal being a true form of music that does not go with the trends, that's just a load of bs.

Remember when nu-metal was getting bigger and bigger and all the bands like Soulfly (even Sepultura's Roots to some degree) Machine Head, Fear Factory and so on started having a lot of nu-metal influences.

Then all of a sudden, nu-metal is not cool anymore and the metalscene is once again focused on heavier stuff(metalcore, deathcore etc.), what happens? Dino Cazares form Divine Heresy to be metal again, Machine Head "goes back to it's roots and does what is wants to", Soulfly starts having more than two notes in their riffs and in general a lot of bands started jumping on the "real metal" bandwagon once again.

So even if it is metal, it's does not mean that it comes straight "from the heart".

Yes, I am a fan of metal music, from the most extreme to some lighter stuff, and I have been a metalhead for way over a decade (I'm 24 now). I love the music, the energy, the aggression, but I do like other forms of music as well.(not rap though, I like music with more dynamics and melodies as opposed to a more rhythmic approach) And I don't feel the need to prove that I am a "true metalhead" by saying things like "metal still is the best form of music" after I say I like Pink Floyd. I don't feel the need to have a "metal credibility". I know I love metal and that's it, I don't feel the need to prove it to other "metalheads"

End of rant :lol:

I find rap to be very childish and the same beat repeated over and over and over and over and over to not be very enjoyable. I like two groups that could be considered rap: Swollen Members and Mattafix. Other than those two haven't listend to anything I like. I find rap to be very negative and if they're angry the most common word is "fuck" whereas an angry metal song there is very rarely any swear words, at least in the bands I listen too, and that is because they're talented and poetic and put more thought into their music. People like to denigrate and demonize metal simply because they don't understand it because it challenges people and challenges and pushes the musical spectrum. I enjoy black metal because it pushes the musical envelope so to speak and it takes someone really smart to understand and appreciate metal. The first time I listened to black and death metal I fucking hated it. It takes an open, inquisitive mind. Now I realize that black metal especially is the greatest genre ever created it challenges, it changes, and its absolutely fucking devastating! I love it its changed my life! The smartest, nicest people I've ever met have been metal heads of course there's the drunken morons and people that disrespect women, but every culture, unfortunately, has that. Every metal show I've ever been to I've ALWAYS felt safe.
So do I like rap? No and its not fair to compare rap to metal its like comparing a pinto to a Lamborghini. Hopefully my answer is helpful. :)

Joel

GOOD 2 SEE SOME OPEN MINDED PEOPLE. FUCK, IF ITS GOOD ILL ROCK IT. WETHER IT RAP, METAL, PUNK, HARDCORE. JUST HAD 2 BE REAL. I DO SEE MANY ELITISTS IN THE DEATH BLACK METAL FIELDS... BUT, MANY ARE COOL FOLKS AS WELL.
COMPARING THIS TO THAT WITH RAP VS. METAL? NAHHHH IT JUST 2 TYPES OF MUSIC. FUCK LABELS ANYWAYS. 2 ME, ONE IS NOT BETTER THAN OTHER. CERTAIN ARTISTS ARE BETTER THAN MANY THOUGH...

YES RAP HAS SOME NEGATIVE/VIOLENT LYRICS.
BUT, THATS DUMB 2 BRING UP THE "FUCK" USAGE. MAX CAVALERA SAYS FUCK A BUNCH. WHYNOT ANYWAYS, ITS JUST A WORD AND FUCK CENSORSHIP, IT ALL COULD DEPEND ON VIBE OF SONG HAHAHA. BE DIFFERENT IF HE SAID "FUCK YOU, ILL DIG YOUR FUCKING GRAVE" OR "ILL FUKKEN POP YOU WITH MY GUN".

Is your keyboard stuck on capslock or something? Its kind of annoying since it looks like you're angry all the time. I actually have never listened to Cavalera Conspiracy I was just scrolling through the different band forums and this thread looked interesting. I'm not a fan of Sepultura or Soulfly so I'll probably stay away from this band. :)

Joel

I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON, MANY HAVE TOLD ME THAT MEANS "ANGER" ONLINE, BUT I DONT CARE. PLUS, I USE ANGER TO HELP ME IN LIFE :)
WHY EVEN COME ON HERE IF YOUR NOT A FAN OF SOULFLY,CAVALERA CONSPIRACY,NAILBOMB OR SEPULTURA HAHA? BUT, THATS COOL. YOUR JUST MISSING OUT IN MY OPINION. BUT, ITS NOT FOR EVERYBODY. SOME PEOPLE DONT GET IT OR EVEN CHECK IT OUT... OR DONT LIKE IT.
SO, YOU DIG CANADIAN METAL?

HOW ABOUT ANVIL!!!!??? I GOT MAD RESPECTS AND THEIR MUSIC AND A DVD. GREAT BAND. ONE OF MY FAVS. AND ONE OF METALS MOST UNDERRATED BANDS EVER.