Hip hop or reggae influences in opeth

Dudes, some metal songs just listen like hip hop, with ur criteria slayer are rap cause Tom Araya sings rap-like in many slayer songs. It's just a vocal style, it doesn't mean anything

it's nothing new really. besides the aforementioned nu-metal bands, Ulver is known for their experimentation with trip hop in some of their albums. of course one could argue that hip hop and trip hop are two totally different things, but that's another story.
as for Opeth, I wouldn't mind seeing what they would sound like if they incorporated new elements such as electronic music (not necessarily beats, more like sounds), but I don't think Opeth and reggae mix very well.

it's nothing new really. besides the aforementioned nu-metal bands, Ulver is known for their experimentation with trip hop in some of their albums. of course one could argue that hip hop and trip hop are two totally different things, but that's another story.
as for Opeth, I wouldn't mind seeing what they would sound like if they incorporated new elements such as electronic music (not necessarily beats, more like sounds), but I don't think Opeth and reggae mix very well.

Well if you are talking about Ulver`s "Perdition city" for what I know this album is not trip hop, It is electronica, ambient and dowbeat. The only trip hop that I know is Massive attack their first three albums, Portishead the two first albums, and a lot of underground bands. Listen to Massive attack "Risingsong" this song seems to be a dark spacy "reggae song" to me so is a example of what I am talking about.

Yeah and you don't know what black metal is if you generalize this genre this way, and only talk about one song. And I still have more respect toward Darkthrone than 50 cents.

ignore him please and let this thread die

Yeah and you don't know what black metal is if you generalize this genre this way, and only talk about one song. And I still have more respect toward Darkthrone than 50 cents.

I am not generalizing, and i am talking about the whole album that is one of the symbol of the" popular" unholy black metal, as 50 cents is one symbol of the "popular" rap, I like emperor, dissection, deathspell omega, yeah maybe I don´t know good black metal, surely you do but most people don´t know about good hip-hop (me too but I know that there is skilled groups and they are no popular).

You guys are fucking idiots. There is good and bad in every genre. Just coz you dont know fucking shit about underground hip hop, doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
There is a lot of underground hip hop that is amazing. As for Reggae, Bob Marley is arguably the most influential artist of the 20th century, so either get a clue or dont fill up this forum with uneducated retarded opinions.

You guys are fucking idiots. There is good and bad in every genre. Just coz you dont know fucking shit about underground hip hop, doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
There is a lot of underground hip hop that is amazing. As for Reggae, Bob Marley is arguably the most influential artist of the 20th century, so either get a clue or dont fill up this forum with uneducated retarded opinions.

Generally people who don`t like and don`t know about rock and metal, if you asked them what bands they know of this kind of music, they probably would say: metalica, korn, Linkin park, and all those bands that sounds on the popular radio.

Hmmm Im having a bit of trouble with yoru grasp of the english language, so I think I just won't bother to comment coz Im probably mis-interpreting you.
Where are you from dude?