Metal bands that mix in Rap/Hip Hop and don't suck

I disagree with them not being able to mix, Rap and Metal do have one thing in common, they can both be really aggressive. It isn't impossible to create some kind of beat, throw in some Metal riffs, Rap over it, and maybe add in some solos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh thanks for bringing up that point again. Who needs to go through the trouble to discuss or debate over something when you can just say it's subjective?

Well, your not making any great argument either.
Saying 'the two generes don't mix' isn't any better.

For me, it depends on the intentions of the artist for using rap with metal.
If they just want mainstream appeal, then ditch them by all means.
If they really do have excellent lyrics which portrays an excellent point and doesn't use shit like niggaz bitches blablabla every single line, then by all means go for it!

Well, your not making any great argument either.
Saying 'the two generes don't mix' isn't any better.

I made a claim that I'm prepared to defend. The problem with his post is that he used the same old all-purpose conversation stopper that everybody uses when they don't want to bother critically evaluating their own views. When you are too lazy for such things, just resort to amateur philosophizing, eh?

What should a rap/metal mixture be able to accomplish for you to consider it artistically viable?

I don't really think that question is to the point. Besides, I'd have to imagine rap being a drastically different art form than what it actually is to be able to say how such a juxtaposition could be viable. Much more pertinent would be the reasons why I think such a mixture can't be artistically viable. I do not think these genres share the same artistic aims. It's like mixing country and rap. Most people would find such a combination utterly ridiculous, little more than novelty. I don't think such a judgment is wholly arbitrary. Genres possess certain aesthetic and thematic tropes that exclude others from consideration. I think this is a pretty strong consideration, since it can even explain irony in music/art (a blending of incompatible tropes, but presented in a way that is not meant to be taken wholly seriously). I can elaborate on these points later if you'd like.

Sure there is. It's quite significant whether or not a rap/metal mixture is even capable of being artistically viable in any way. You're just a coward.

I'm no coward, I just get tired of fighting this argument countless times over different music forums.

Which is the reason I resort to the subjective thing, arguing about this is incredibly boring, and I have better things to do.

can i attempt to end this? stuck mojo - metal is dead.

its awesome

and as you said, there should be great lyrics. which there are. coincedentally, the lyrics are about artists that produce shitty, unoriginal music that get money and kill real metal. listen, its great.

since everyone ignored my first post with this, I'll make it easier for you.

[ame]http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=7huvlX4_8eI[/ame]

In my search I have found that it sounds better when metal bands use elements of hip-hop and not trying to blend the two. You can try the loud rocks, take a byte out of ryhm, or too legit for the pit but they all have hits and misses.

The bands that I enjoy that use element and fundemental likr the roots do are;
Winds of Plague
As Blood Runs Black
The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza
Arsonist get all the Girls
Bring me the Horizon
Emmure
E. Town Concrete
Animosity