Metal bands that mix in Rap/Hip Hop and don't suck

Ice T had his metal band Body Count.... which I usually have a hard time believing... but they must be great... they might not do any rapping though, do they? Nevermind, they do.

Ice T had his metal band Body Count.... which I usually have a hard time believing... but they must be great... they might not do any rapping though, do they? Nevermind, they do.

band, sure, but were they metal? (I only distinguish between rock and metal by, kinda like a fingerpring match, comparing it to my memory of everything else I've gotten the gist of, I don't know the music composition technical distinctions...)

So?
Yeah and it would be fuckin' shitty.

would be...

if you have a strong stomach, download the album "Necro - Death Rap". I can't even recall the name of this particular song, they're all horrible, but one is just THE epitome of the travesty which is 'the aggression of metal and rap' combined.

I strongly caution against it, because it's probably the worst 'music' you'll ever hear.

band, sure, but were they metal? (I only distinguish between rock and metal by, kinda like a fingerpring match, comparing it to my memory of everything else I've gotten the gist of, I don't know the music composition technical distinctions...)

They call themselves death metal, lawl.

After listening to their myspace yeah I would call it metal. I guess it's closest to RATM but if nothing else the instrumentation at least is metal (more so than RATM easily). The vocals certainly aren't typical for metal. It's at least as metal as Anthrax's rockier stuff. Haha you know what this is a lot like... Rebel Meets Rebel. I mean, Down On The Bayou, did David Allen Coe write that?

I don't see why people are still going on about how it can't work. I've already seen from this thread a metal band with a bit of hip hop influence(fate) work out well and a hip hop band with a bit of metal (truceklan) work out well as well. I'm sure somewhere out there someone has come up with a healthy in-between that sounds good, and no, listing a bunch of bands that failed to do it does not make it impossible.

It is ard to read through all this bullshit from these dungeon and dragon metal fans, but on Lil Jon's crunk juice he has a track called stop fuckin with me and he sampled nothing but slayer check it out.

Also try Icepick and Danny Diablo

Bloodhound Gang did this rather succesfully IMO, check out "Balls Out"
And yes, I know it's not metal, but it's hard rock at least.

A lot of African metal bands mix in rap (I'm actually 100% serious)

Bionik (Nigeria)
Horror Squad (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
Criminal Ashanti (Ghana)
Lobotomy (rap power metal - Malawi)
Tyra (Zambia)
Fire X (Zimbabwe)

Good luck trying to find the music, though.

an awesome Rock/Hip-Hop mix is the band Peeping Tom, (check out the song Mojo, little reminiscent of early Korn). It's Mike Patton (of Lovage, Mr. Bungle, Faith no More, etc.), with such names in Hip-Hop as Kool Keith, Amon Tobin, and a number of the Anticon producers.

A lot of African metal bands mix in rap (I'm actually 100% serious)

Bionik (Nigeria)
Horror Squad (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
Criminal Ashanti (Ghana)
Lobotomy (rap power metal - Malawi)
Tyra (Zambia)
Fire X (Zimbabwe)

Good luck trying to find the music, though.

Do you have any album names? That would make things much easier.

Hiphop Metal. Finally, a band with the anger and intensity of those who did this genre best, Rage Against The Machine.
A%20Broken%20Code%20band%20pic1.jpg
http://www.abrokencode.com

I also like rap/hiphop. I'm open but skeptical of the concept of combining rap & metal and producing anything but garbage.

same.

rap and electric guitars, though, work well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN6tqrJSZag]Многоточие - Глупо Было Бы[/ame]

When I was growing up in Sweden, I would occasionally listen to Clawfinger's first two albums Deaf Dumb Blind and Use Your Brain. If you're into rap metal you might want to check em out. Personally, I think that rap and metal should stay separated though, they simply don't match.

I'm a fan of nu metal, but if anyone were to ever try to combine rap with something serious like black metal I would hate them with an unending hatred.

So these guys sampled Dissection and made a rap video...

Honestly? Yeah...

and the video is pretty well done.

Baphomet makes a cameo. :headbang:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hetxbv0w10o&hd=1[/ame]