Metalcore

Status
Not open for further replies.
melancio said:
Actually, it depends a lot...

if we're talking about metalcore being a gateway to better music, i doubt that the reason people listen to it in 8th grade is to find better music.

"turn this crap on, and lets listen to it so....its supposed to like, open our eyes to better music or something."

JoeVice said:
if we're talking about metalcore being a gateway to better music, i doubt that the reason people listen to it in 8th grade is to find better music.

"turn this crap on, and lets listen to it so....its supposed to like, open our eyes to better music or something."
no way would it be a gate way to better music its just making metal shitter

The Hubster said:
Not to mention the band names:

As I Lay Dying - from what... your last breakup with the girl who happened to be your first pash? Fucking grow up.

Their name is the title of a classic book that was written by a famous author, William Faulkner, in 1930. I thought the book was pretty bad when I read it but regardless of my opinion it is still a classic. I don't like the band either but I just thought you might want to know this little fact before criticizing their name...

Lost_Orchid said:
Their name is the title of a classic book that was written by a famous author, William Faulkner, in 1930. I thought the book was pretty bad when I read it but regardless of my opinion it is still a classic. I don't like the band either but I just thought you might want to know this little fact before criticizing their name...

I read some of it when i went down to my friends Uni and sat in on a lecture. I thought it was pretty good, in fact i enjoyed learning about it more than he did.

cuntface said:
no way would it be a gate way to better music its just making metal shitter

i think metalcore, like other more popular genres, serve a good purpose in getting fans that otherwise wouldnt be into metal, getting into heavier territory that maybe in a few years will lead them to better bands.

^^^^
this was the original quote on the gateway conversation.

and, its not making metal shittier. metal is still metal...metalcore is a genre of its own. the sanctity of metal is not ruined by having gay metal.

Can someone please hook me up with some Deathspell Omega? It sounds awesome from what you all described it and i checked out the song "First Prayer" which was amazing, on their myspace (lol).

And i can attest to the fact that metalcore can be a gateway into better music. It was because i got into metalcore at the beginning of high school that i've gotten into way better music now at the beginning of college.
However, not all metalcore is bad. I'll admit, most of it is soporiphic drivel, but there are a few gems there, particularly bands like Blood Has Been Shed, Glass Casket, and Beneath the Massacre. Check them out for some good metalcore.

You want stupid band names? Apparently the new trend in straight edge hardcore bands is putting x as the first and last letter of their names (e.g. xopethx). These are what I like to call AOL screennames.

The Hubster said:
On a sidenote - Moonlapse, you have an almost irritating habit of remaining insanely calm in discussion. Stop it. ;)

Sorry man. I'll work on getting angry more.

When you see all these discussions recur dozens of times, it's hard to get your own pot to stir, so to speak.

I don't get angry. I play with people. Pretty much everything I say online can be taken with a grain of salt. You have no idea how often I've provoked people enough to get banned on other forums without breaking a single rule myself. Some people just can't take valid arguments so resort to bashing. I usually only play with the people who are asses to others, though.

this is a quote i got from the forum a long time ago, and i have it in my aim profile because its great...anyways here it goes

"In a perfect metal world:
- Metalcore would ignite into a flaming inferno only to be exstinguished with the discovery of its exsistence being based purely on plagiarism and stupidity."

Status
Not open for further replies.