metalcore.... the new nu metal????

people overanalyze shit too much. everyones always concerned about random crap, "whats the new nu-metal", "does this have nu influences", "a lot of nu-metal fags listen to this type of metal", etc....

who the fuck cares. I like metalcore. I like gothenburg melo-death. I like brutal death. I like black metal. I like thrash, etc, etc.... theres no fucking need for people to get so fussy over music they don't like, or call it "gay" or whatever simply because they don't like it or some of its fans (which people over-stereotype way too much on these boards).... I just hate this whole disrespectful attitude overall....

SunlapseVertigo said:
people overanalyze shit too much. everyones always concerned about random crap, "whats the new nu-metal", "does this have nu influences", "a lot of nu-metal fags listen to this type of metal", etc....

who the fuck cares. I like metalcore. I like gothenburg melo-death. I like brutal death. I like black metal. I like thrash, etc, etc.... theres no fucking need for people to get so fussy over music they don't like, or call it "gay" or whatever simply because they don't like it or some of its fans (which people over-stereotype way too much on these boards).... I just hate this whole disrespectful attitude overall....

I agree completely. For me I'll put in Darkest Hour, rock out, then put on some Carcass and not even change my vibe...after that some Melvins!! Then on to Shai Hulud..then some Decapitated...it's all good music to me. I don't see why there's so much discrimination between the whole hardcore/metalcore and the metal scene...the bands don't seem to give much of a fuck. Hate Eternal and Cephalic Carnage were recently on tour with Terror, Madball, and Hatebreed....

Yeah, I agree that a lot of metalheads are very close-minded about other styles of music. If something is seen to be popular, regardless of the style, a lot of metalheads will shun it just because they cannot like something that would lift them from their loner personas.

Yes, heavy metal fans can be so closed minded worrying so much about being "true" and they talk shit about anything that gets somewhat mainstream. Well at least they're loyal to their music and most of them are not trendy. I dont fucking care about the other fans of the bands I like. I know some people that I found annoying who like the same bands that I do but they're not going to stop me from listening to my bands.

I still don't get why most of you "metal purists" need to have everything
in this nice little tag of metalcore, mallcore, ect. It's damn sad! There's
good music & there's bad. You guys that like these little "tags" on your music
set yourselves for "disliking" music 'cos it doesn't
meet "your format." Judas Priest! We gotta stick together as fans of stuff on the heavier side of things! Let the mud slinging begin!
:hotjump:

i really like metalcore, here i am listening to my from autumn to ashes album and this band has every kind selection there is to ask....kickass riffs and mellow clean riffs, screaming and clean vocals, pissed and emotional....and so on

PTW owns Candiria. There's no real comparison, Candiria are just trying too hard to be different but PTW are setting all the standards and making it look like they aren't even trying. One's a curiosity, but ultimately falters under their complete lack of any and all melody and forced repetition, but the other innovates with ease and creates countless copycat bands because of how fucking awesome their albums are.

I don't like Poison The Well because there is a very heavy emo influence in their music and all they do is whine about their ex-girlfriends in their lyrics. They're basically a slightly harder version of all the emo stuff that is popular nowadays.

No offence. But the emo sound of Poison The Well sounds forced to me. I hate emo with the ONLY exception of Glassjaw.

The brutal funk that Candiria does is just great.

I've been listening to Poison The Well's new album a lot recently, some of the "emo" parts sounded a little boring and uninspired at first, but the album is slowly coming into focus with each listen. Its a very good album, and my first PTW so I'm definately gonna check out their other stuff.

I guess the opinions are just polar opposites.

I don't like emo, but PTW are great.

And I hate Candiria. Brutal funk? We must've heard different bands. The Candiria I know is a shitty coalition of pseudo-jazz, bad hiphop, and wannabe hardcore with plenty of forced-sounding odd-time shifts to boot. Just my opinion.

I like PTW because they do incorporate some awesome melodies. Listen to "Slice Paper Wrists" or "Parks And What You Meant To Me."

BTW, Luminous, do you have any recommendations of songs to hear off their new album? I gave it a listen, and I didn't really like it. What's something I should try again? Or should I be listening to it differently? I want to like it...

anonymousnick2001 said:
BTW, Luminous, do you have any recommendations of songs to hear off their new album? I gave it a listen, and I didn't really like it. What's something I should try again? Or should I be listening to it differently? I want to like it...
hmmm.... i wonder if PTW's new album wasn't my first, would I think differently? just a thought, but probably not...