Metal's Most Maligned Sub-Genres (And The People That Listen To Them)

Well, I have few fav bands in DSBM and SuicidalBM : Shining (I hate Kvarforth being a poser) - Silencer - Wehmut - Thy Light and some other that I don't remember now.
But all in all Depressive/Suicidal Black Metal is a poor music genre. poor in music poor in talent poor in quality poor in everything.

Thy Light and Nocturnal Depression and most other DSBM bands sound almost identical to each other. That's the problem with most BM sub-genres, there's almost zero variety. As for Shining, the newer stuff barely sounds like BM, let alone DSBM. I hear a lot of Swedish death influence on the latest album.

Well, I have few fav bands in DSBM and SuicidalBM : Shining (I hate Kvarforth being a poser) - Silencer - Wehmut - Thy Light and some other that I don't remember now.
But all in all Depressive/Suicidal Black Metal is a poor music genre. poor in music poor in talent poor in quality poor in everything.
So you do like Depressive Black Metal, you just don't like the untalented, poor quality bands.

I've noticed a lot of people say the same things as you. It's like saying "Death metal sucks, but I like Suffocation, Morbid Angel, and Bolt Thrower". I honestly do not understand how you could like the bands you listed, but not like many more in the genre. As people point out, it is a sub-sub-genre with not a lot of variety. I understand not liking the concept. Some people do not like sad music or prefer their black metal a different way (like ObscureInfinity said). But why attack a genre that you seem to like?

So you do like Depressive Black Metal, you just don't like the untalented, poor quality bands.

I've noticed a lot of people say the same things as you. It's like saying "Death metal sucks, but I like Suffocation, Morbid Angel, and Bolt Thrower". I honestly do not understand how you could like the bands you listed, but not like many more in the genre. As people point out, it is a sub-sub-genre with not a lot of variety. I understand not liking the concept. Some people do not like sad music or prefer their black metal a different way (like ObscureInfinity said). But why attack a genre that you seem to like?

I didn't say that I'm a fan of depressive black metal and I didn't say that I'm not a fan of this genre too.All I said is this : Depressive/Suicidal Black Metal is a poor genre in everything. And its true.
But there's always an exception for anything.And the bands that I said are my exception for this genre(Although Shining has many influences from other genres)

So because I like few bands in this genre I should admit that this genre is ok? its good? NO, I wont.
DEPRESSIVE BLACK METAL SUCKS SO BAD
I've been through this genre for more than 3 years and heard alot of bands and I can surely say that 99.9% of bands in this genre suck! You can't say because of some RARE good bands in this genre the whole genre is ok.

But for example in Death Metal there are MANY good bands to mention.So never compare Depressive Black Metal with Death Metal !

I tried getting into Jane Doe but it was just annoying noise to me,might give it another try sometimes.

I tried too but I think we just didn't see eye to eye.

Converge are bestial live. It was hard to really pay attention though considering there was such a steady stream of bleeding/unconscious teenage girls being crowdsurfed toward the paramedics the whole time.

Like somebody else has posted, Korn's first album had some moments. It's just pure anger and bottled rage. And, not gonna lie, Limp Bizkit's first album is the same way. -waits for flame-

Glam metal is, eh. The early stuff, before it really blew up, and Poison, Winger, Great White, and Bon Jovi got famous, etc is good.

Most people don't really know what true metalcore is. Early metalcore is just heavy, sometimes NYC hardcore that got mixed in with the metal scene. Totally different from today's As I Lay Dying and The Devil Wears Prada "metalcore".

Metalcore can be good, yes. 7 Angels 7 Plagues' album is an excellent example. Deadguy and Kiss It Goodbye are two forgotten bands that each released an underground classic.

You've also got the metalized noise rock/hardcore bands like Today is the Day, Quicksand and Unsane, the latter of which is just crushing.