Metal's Most Maligned Sub-Genres (And The People That Listen To Them)

Look at the rules and guidelines. Nu-metal bands aren't accepted on the archives. None of those sites you listed are metal-based so of course they are going to use "metal" as a blanket term. It doesn't seem like you're even reading what me and others are posting so I don't know why I'm wasting my time with this. I suggest growing a sense of security about your music taste so you don't get butthurt every time someone posts an opinion (or in this case, fact) that you don't like.

Look, son, whether you like it or not, nu-metal and Industrial metal are sub-genres of metal, and this topic is about maligned sub-genres of metal, so you're basically just babbling meaninglessly here about them "not being metal". I'd suggest you get some long pliers and a ladder so you can pull the carrot out of your stuck-up "elitist metal" ass and climb down off your "puritan metal" high horse. Thanks. En doen dit gou, you dom klein-gat kind.

So I looked up your precious Metal Archives and there's something you forgot to mention: bands only obtain profiles on there if a user actually takes the time to sit down and write an entire profile for them. So now just because no-one has taken the time to write a profile for SOAD or Static-X, does that somehow mean they're not metal?

Skimmed that giant post...

Plenty of people have tried to submit them to M-A. They've been rejected every time by the powers that be. You're quite the fanboy, try it yourself. You'll be denied as well. Nu-Metal and/or "alternative" metal arent recognized as metal on the archives. Static-X and SOAD arent on there, 75,021 other bands are. They've been excluded on purpose, not forgotten.

In fact, ask a mod there why... you'll probably get banned. :rolleyes:

Skimmed that giant post...

Plenty of people have tried to submit them to M-A. They've been rejected every time by the powers that be. You're quite the fanboy, try it yourself. You'll be denied as well. Nu-Metal and/or "alternative" metal arent recognized as metal on the archives. Static-X and SOAD arent on there, 75,021 other bands are. They've been excluded on purpose, not forgotten.

In fact, ask a mod there why... you'll probably get banned. :rolleyes:

Then, simply put, the same thing that I said earlier would also apply to holier-than-thou geek who runs the website:

I'd suggest you get some long pliers and a ladder so you can pull the carrot out of your stuck-up "elitist metal" ass and climb down off your "puritan metal" high horse. Thanks. En doen dit gou, you dom klein-gat kind.

Doesn't change anything though, so I'm not quite sure what your point is: Nu-metal and Industrial metal are still sub-genres of metal, and therefore are eligible for discussion in this "Metal's Most Maligned Sub-Genres (And The People That Listen To Them)" thread.

Nu-Metal and/or "alternative" metal arent recognized as metal on the archives.

Yet they make an exception for Lacuna Coil? Maybe they just have a crush on Cristina Scabbia lol.

They also have an entree for Faith No More, which I'm pretty sure is an alternative rock band. Hell, they had one of the first rap-rock jams, Epic.

Damageplan also has an entree. I remember when they came out, they were quickly labeled Nu-metal and Mallcore.

Suicide Silence has no entree.

On their Submission Guidelines, Metal-Archives says a band Must be a heavy metal band...
...Or close enough
in order to be accepted. :lol:

On their Submission Guidelines, Metal-Archives says a band Must be a heavy metal band...
...Or close enough

In other words it's all up to the moderator's personal favoritism and choice as to who get's into his precious "elite club" , what a load of ludicrous hypocrisy...:lol:

Metal Archives is nice because they list info about an album. Who cares if they don't have some shitty band like SOAD. Why do you give a fuck.

Speaking of Metal Maligned Sub-Genres, why no one mentions Depressive Black Metal? you can barely find a band worth listening in this genre. there are silly blogs publishing PURE SHIT labeled as Depressive Black metal. All you hear is some assholes whining/screaming/crying with no talent in their music. but still there are some rare good bands in this genre.

When DBM is done well, it's usually the BM I like most.
Unfortunately most of it sucks cock.
EDIT: Why is it that some people think any music that is even slightly agressive and/or abrasive sounding is metal?

One must ask the question,why? why would you,who considers themselves a metalhead,why would you even bother with this crap,when there's so much damn good actual metal out there?

I listen to many different different sub-genres of metal, I don't limit myself to any particular one.

Yet they make an exception for Lacuna Coil? Maybe they just have a crush on Cristina Scabbia lol.

They also have an entree for Faith No More, which I'm pretty sure is an alternative rock band. Hell, they had one of the first rap-rock jams, Epic.

Damageplan also has an entree. I remember when they came out, they were quickly labeled Nu-metal and Mallcore.

Suicide Silence has no entree.

...Or close enough

MA HQ has clearly built a state-of-the-art science lab where they can perform a quantitative analysis to determine which bands are "close enough."

There's probably also an app for that.