Do you listen to any other genres?

Fuckin' right. Necro is awesome.

When it comes to rap I like, I don't like many projects but this is what I do like:

Necro
Brotha Lynch Hung
Twisted Insane
Tech N9ne
Ill Bill
X-Raided
Some Hopsin songs (although I really hate that thing he does where he raps at a normal volume then he will rap one word really LOUDLY for no reason other than a shock effect)
The Rangers
Snow Tha Product
Twista
Old Eminem (say what you want, the first couple Eminem albums rule)
Busta Rhymes
Coolio (I remember him having cool songs when I was a kid)
Wu-Tang Clan

That's a pretty good variation. I think you'd really like Gravediggaz too.

Reactions: Satanstoenail
Revised list:

Dark ambient
Progressive rock
Regular rock
Blues rock
Psychedelic rock
Hardcore punk (Mainly GG Allin)
Grunge (I actually see it as hardcore punk, grunge is really an evolution of hardcore punk, not metal, sorry)
Country (one GG Allin song that is country)

I do not like regular punk. I find most of it laughable.

Revised list:

Dark ambient
Progressive rock
Regular rock
Blues rock
Psychedelic rock
Hardcore punk (Mainly GG Allin)
Grunge (I actually see it as hardcore punk, grunge is really an evolution of hardcore punk, not metal, sorry)
Country (one GG Allin song that is country)

I do not like regular punk. I find most of it laughable.

You should explain why much of the earliest grunge songs sound a lot like psychedelic rock and metal rather if they're not related to metal.

GG Allin is punk rock, not hardcore.

Please explain the heavy riffs, extreme lyrics and image, growled vocals (on his later stuff), and the overall aggressive sound. Punk is The Ramones, The Sex Pistols, The Clash, and early GG Allin. The reason he left the Jabbers is because he wanted to pursue hardcore punk (he is so hardcore that he didn't call it that), and that is why he started with The Scumfucs and The AIDS Brigade in the mid 80s. He wanted to play more aggressive music and take shits onstage. You could possibly deny that his mid stuff his hardcore (I say it's hardcore), but there is no denying that ANTiSEEN and The Murder Junkies are both hardcore bands. You most likely have not listened to much GG Allin. Regular punk is pretty tame and melodic.

I really can't be bothered. It's well within your right to be wrong, so call it whatever you like.

If you can' be bothered, then why do you tell me I am wrong? I know I am right. You can argue with me if you want. I encourage it, as I appreciate being challenged. Especially if I know I win. So, please argue!

Okay, start with this. What is hardcore to you?

This is clearly hardcore punk:

Way too thick, heavy, and extreme to be regular punk.

This is clearly not hardcore punk. The riffs are basically just punk rock with extra sauce. Show me a mutually agreed upon hardcore punk band with a song that sounds like this.

I've been listening to both hardcore punk and GG Allin all my life and the only similarities I've ever heard are production-wise.

The music on "Bloodshed & Brutality For All" is pretty much just this.

GG Allin essentially growls on that album, and there is much more harsh and aggressive shouting and screaming. Production is also a factor. Another factor is the lyrics. The lyrics by GG are more extreme than most punk. I would agree that if you toned down the distortion, bettered the production, and made the vocals and lyrics less extreme on Brutality and Bloodshed For All, you would have a Ramones or Sex Pistols album. However, in original state, it's hardcore.

Also, a key factor in what makes punk hardcore is the ethic behind the music. Regular punk is fairly commercial. It is basically garage rock hijacked by record companies. Hardcore was sort of a more extreme revival of traditional punk. GG had the same anti authoritarian, anti establishment, anti record label ethic. I also notice quite a few similarities between GG and Black Flag. GG is way more aggressive than Dead Kennedys, who are considered hardcore.

I totally listen to other genres. Taking time away from metal makes it seem more heavy when you come back to it. I like:

Classic country
Bluegrass
Blues
Jazz
Funk
Soul
Classical
Hip Hop
Electronic
Shoegaze
Dreampop
Synthwave

I'm really into synthwave right now and I think a lot of metalheads would like it if they gave it a chance. Perturbator is a good starting point.

Dead Kennedys sound similar to mid period GG Allin. (Actually GG was even more intense than the). I don't see Holiday in Cambodia and Bite it You Scum as anything all too different from each other.

That's your problem. You think hardcore punk is defined by guitar tone, vocal style and ideology behind the music. Everything except the actual fucking genre definers that involve musical instruments.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
I love jazz, especially fusion stuff like Snarky Puppy and Frank Zappa's Hot Rats album, prog rock like Pink Floyd and some Rush stuff, grunge (which some people classify as metal, experimental music like Swans, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, and The Velvet Underground, some classic rock like Led Zeppelin, The Kinks and Jimi Hendrix, punk like Sex Pistols, Black Flag, Minor Threat and Husker Du, and some more popular stuff like Red Hot Chili Peppers and Foo Fighters. I really hate when people only listen to one genre, diversify your tastes. It's fun and feels good to have such an eclectic taste.

Reactions: CiG