What music genre do you listen to other than metal?

I listen to practically anything. My mind has broadened within the last year or so to music. I now like & listen to (as well as metal) prog rock (especially Old Porcupine Tree), ambient, drum 'n' bass (brother randomly got me into that), random chart songs, classical/orchestral soundtracks.. If I like it, I'll listen to it. :)

Could anyone give me any Depeche Mode songs to try?

eternalhours said:
I listen to practically anything. My mind has broadened within the last year or so to music. I now like & listen to (as well as metal) prog rock (especially Old Porcupine Tree), ambient, drum 'n' bass (brother randomly got me into that), random chart songs, classical/orchestral soundtracks.. If I like it, I'll listen to it. :)

Could anyone give me any Depeche Mode songs to try?

they do "pesonal jesus" and thats about the only song I know by them.

Classical--Shoenberg,Stravinsky, Bartok
Jazz--Coltrane,Parker , Miles, Dolphy
Gypsy Jazz--Bereli Lagrene,Rosenbergs,Django
Texas Swing--Spade Cooley, Bob Wills, Asleep at the Wheel
Bluegrass--Dillards, Bill Monroe, Flatt and Scruggs
Blues ( old ) -- Skip James, Blind Lemmon Jefferson, Rob.Johnson
Blues (new)-- Clapton,Henderson,Winters
Native American-- Rose Hill, Yellowhammer
Rock--Beatles, Hendrix, Zepplin
Just weird-- Zappa
Prog. ELP, Rush,Tull
Metal--Meshuggah, Opeth ,Dillinger Escape Plan

There should be an (ect.) after each of these lines. This is a very very partial list.

I realy like to listen to (almost) all kinds of rock/metal.
My favorites are Nu, Gothic, and occasionaly Grunge, NIRVANA :Spin: is my favorite band.

I'm not that good with genres..but a few Rock/Grunge bands..Most of those that I used to listen to don't really appeal to me much anymore. Mostly just A Perfect Circle and Nirvana now..

Now I've gotten several more jazz albums and am also into Classical. I'm reading a biography on Bach this week.

I don't listen to much besides metal, except some rock music like Nirvana and Fuel. There's so many different styles of metal so it never gets bland. I mean, you have stuff from Children of Bodom to Kataklysm. People keep telling me I'm going to 'grow out' out my metal so-called ''phase'' but I don't see it. Because I enjoy metal music so much.

My musical taste is very broad, though I prefer (mostly Death) Metal of course. The only genre I won't listen to is Rap & Hip Hop. I also think metal heads are the most open-minded people when it comes to respecting and listening to other music styles.
I see a lot of people liking Rock & Alternative things as well, but is anyone of you interested in Lounge and music related to that?

Anything heavy. Oldschool Hardcore has struck my fancy lately.

Oh, and Journey. Yes, that's right. I like metal, hardcore, and journey. Steve Perry!!!! \m/

The only other genre I'm big on is FUNK, of the old school kind. Pretty much any funk preceding the birth of rap is good with me.
Favorites:
Sly and the Family Stone
Parliament
Commodores (early)
Kool and the Gang (early)
Earth, Wind and Fire (early)