what do you think about classical and jazz music?

morteminfo

New Metal Member
Jun 13, 2006
i'm thinking sometimes if metal wasn't discovered in the world what i would listen.and the answer is jazz music at the same time classical of course.these are very quailty and noble musics.i adore them.but first metal metal metal.. all the time...

Not a heavy listerer of classical but I do love select composers (Gershwin, John Cage, Bach, Vivaldi, etc.).

I've recently started listening to jazz quite a bit. Being a big fan of complex music, I'm suprised I didn't start sooner.

Classic music of course I can listen everytime. My favourite is Four Seasons by Vivaldi. Also Straus is great. But jazz is not music for me i don't like it. Too slow and too bornig ,just isin't my genre.

that's retarded. "jazz" isn't a fucking specific style. it represents half of the music recorded in the 20th century... there's no way you can say "jazz is too slow", that's like saying "rock is too fast"...

Ya know, a year or two ago I felt compelled to delve more deeply into orchestral music after seeing the Dallas Symphony Orchestra perform Igor Stravinsky's Symphony of Psalms. I was pleased to discover that a lot of it has very striking similarities with metal (The Rite of Spring in particular). I don't mean to say it has to be heavy to be good, but I believe once you go beyond the more popular composers there's a wealth of material, both original and beautiful, that appeals to any fan of honest music.

Teh Grimace said:
that's retarded. "jazz" isn't a fucking specific style. it represents half of the music recorded in the 20th century... there's no way you can say "jazz is too slow", that's like saying "rock is too fast"...
Wow! You made an intelligent post. Shit have you laid off the drugs this week?