What music genre do you listen to other than metal?

I can find something worth listening to in pretty much any genre you care to name - except boybands, RnB and free-jazz.

But for preference, outside metal I listen to:
AOR , Prog, Hard Rock, 70s Rock and Anime soundtracks.

I listen to anything from techno to emo. It all depends on what mood I'm in. But my favorite bands(non-metal) are Coheed & Cambria and The Smashing Pumpkins.

Classical (lately I've been listening to more modern stuff like Ligeti)
neoclassical (Elend, Dead Can Dance)
ambient (raison d'etre, Tangerine Dream)
world music (flamenco, I also enjoy traditional Asian music)

and when I feel like taking a much needed break from good taste, I listen to a lot of happy hardcore/trance.

Prog Rock, Classical, Orchestra, Opera, Jazz, Traditional/Cultural Folk Musics - Irish, Japanese, chineses, ect...

But make no mistake I am a metal head, it is me bread and butter...

Personally, I don't discriminate when it comes to music and listen to a variety of non metal stuff from...

Indie-Eisely, Modest Mouse, Neutral Milk Hotel, Big Black...
Hardcore-Bane, Shai Hulud, old Poison the Well, Bad Brains, Agnostic Front...
Metalcore/Grind-Between the Buried and Me (though calling them that is a great injustice), Zao, Athena in Hades, Into the Moat...
Post-Hardcore-Hopesfall, Antioch Arrow, Angel Hair...
Pop-The Smiths, Bella and Sebastian, Tori Amos...
Early Post-Punk-Bauhaus, The Cure, Joy Division, Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds...
Punk-The Clash (need I say more), Crucifix, Minor Threat...
New Wave-Japan, The Cure, New Order, Eurythmics...
Dance-Lords of Acid, Ian Van Dahl, Collide...
JPop-Shazna...
Some Rap-A Tribe Called Quest, Atmospere...
Drum & Bass-Reid Speed...
Classic Rock-The Doors, CCR...
Early Grunge-The Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, Soul Asylum...
Emo/Scremo-Funeral for a Friend, Megans Room, Refused, Grade...
Ska-The Skatellits, Reel Big Fish, Folly...
Reggae-Bob Marley and the Wailers, Steel Pulse...
Funk-Earth Wind and Fire, The Red Hot Chili Peppers...
Blues-Muddy Waters, Tom Waits...
Doowop-The Penguins...
Song Writers-Pat Benitar, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Cyndi Lauper...

...As just a few examples. I know many more and this is just a short list so don't any elitists take it to heart. :headbang:

PUNK ROCK!!!

(Hardcore, streetpunk, and Oi! None of that pop-punk/emo shit. Emo is for whiny teenage guys...)

Some of my favorite (non-metal, obviously) bands are A Global Threat, Cheap Sex, Leftover Crack, F-Minus, The Exploited, Virus, Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, The Descendents, Minor Threat, etc.

I listen to a lot of alternative rock, all kinds of techno, and even, on rare occasion, some rap. I absolutely adore music from the Matrix movies, too. Some of my favorites are "Navaras" and "Masters of the Universe" by Juno Reactor, and "Mona Lisa/Overdrive" by Juno Reactor and Don Davis.

I work in a nightclub and get to hear a lot of house and club music. Lately I've been listening to a lot of house, but I've also been listening to a lot of punk. Stiff Little Fingers, Refused, and Crass mainly.

Ive been getting kinda tired of death and black metal. Its gotten really repetitive(spl?). Lately Ive been listening to some punk metal, alternative rock/metal, and some more mainstream stuff. I just wanted a little more emotion in the songs. some bands would be:
Submersed
Underoath
My Chemical Romance
Three Days Grace
Linkin Park
Skillet(their new album Collide is AWSOME, definitly check it out!)
Godsmack
even some Greenday

Huge into all forms of progressive music, prog metal too, but that's irrelevant to the thread. Also love celtic folk, like anything from the Braveheart soundtrack. Also love a female singer named Mary Fahl. Her cd the Other Side of Time blows me away. Very atmospheric, sometimes folk-ish soft stuff. Not rock at all.