What other genres do you listen to?

Melvins?
Mudhoney?
Green River?
Tad?
The Fluid?
even Mother Love Bone?

Yeah, I am being picky, but we would all bitch slap someone too if they said, "I listen to Power Metal" and only listed DragonForce

If you noticed on the other categories I was putting 2-3 bands max, which is what I did here too. Melvins I wouldn't even consider grunge, more sludge. But yeah as for the lower tiered grunge bands, I never dabbled too much into it. Hell, Pearl Jam isn't really even grunge anymore, more just modern rock. I like AIC too, but they had more of a metal edge.

New Age Music such as Kitaro
and 70's music such as old Chicago, Abba, Carpenters and Boston are some of my favs...

I never tire of metal, but when the fancy strikes me for something non metal it's generally funk, heavy-ish jazz, or something like that. I also listen to video game music a good bit when I'm in it for some non-metal. I was doing that today, actually. Battletoads soundtrack, ftfw.

Guys and Dolls??? I was in the pit orchestra for that one in highschool. Never got to really see it tho despite basically memorizing the lines. Watched the film version of it a few years later in college. Fun times ^_^

And my brother or dad got my mom the soundtrack to the book of mormon lol. I was surprised at that

Guys 'n Dolls is really good. I saw a local theater group perform it when I was still living with my parents.

I've seen a TON of musicals. I was keeping a list of all the musicals I'd seen, but I've long since ceased to keep it updated. It was well over 100 shows by the time I was a senior in HS, though.

I never tire of metal, but when the fancy strikes me for something non metal it's generally funk, heavy-ish jazz, or something like that. I also listen to video game music a good bit when I'm in it for some non-metal. I was doing that today, actually. Battletoads soundtrack, ftfw.

Battletoads was badass.

Interestingly, I don't like Prog Rock or any other flavor of Rock. For me, if you're going to "rock", than it should be heavy. Whenever I listen to Rock, it feels like I'm in a sports car that's stuck in 2nd gear. I just want it to be heavier and more aggressive, and always end up feeling left wanting something that never comes.

Well put. There are few "rock" bands I can actually get into. Poets of the Fall are my favorite non-metal band, but to classify them as simply rock would be a crime. They are more like atmospheric/progressive-ish/rock. They're really unique, you probably haven't heard any band that sounds like em. Highly recommended.

I can get into some acoustic/folk music, new age, and even movie soundtrack stuff (namely LOTR). I usually have to be in a specific mood to listen to the 3 aforementioned genres though, usually that mood is "oversaturated with metal" haha.

Blackmore's Night
The Corrs
Loreena McKennitt
Braveheart Soundtrack

I adore Blackmore's Night.

I'm also a fan of this band:

Though of the many times I've seen them live, I can't say anyone has broken out into spontaneous dancing. I think I'm seeing them in the wrong venues. XD

And yes, that is a double-necked, electric mandolin that the frontman is playing. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I listen to alot of different kinds of folk, classic and the more obscure 70s rock/prog rock, some jazz, classical, and various kinds of ambient music.

Here is some folk I listen to

Definatley one of my favourites, mostly instrumental, also he's canadian! :D

Now for some obscure 70s prog rock

Not really obscure, but the only 70s prog rock band from Iceland I know of

Jason is into the Wiggles. He will say because of his kids but he did go see them years back on his own. He tried to get me to go with him.

metal aside? nothing.....

I like musicals (Les Miserables, Cats....) and Baroque classical music(Vivaldi, Bach, Handel) but i really don't listening to them in a regular basis...