What other genres do you listen to?

AOR, classic rock, classic prog bands like RUSH, YES, and PINK FLOYD. And, I love ENYA. My wife turned me onto her. I love that woman's voice! I bust on my wife and tell her if only there was some heavy guitars in ENYA's stuff.

I forgot to mention before, I love the hell out of some Kansas. Not too much else that's like it, but Kansas has a definite and powerful draw for me. The lines between what they did in the 70s and a lot of what I love now are so clear and obvious.

My parallel passion along with metal is ambient space/drone/electonica/downtempo or whatever you choose to call it:

Artists such as: Between Interval, Biosphere, Erik Wøllo, Ian Boddy, Bruno Sanfilippo, Jonn Serrie, Marconi Union, Craig Padilla, Loscil, and Steve Roach, to name a few.

This musical style enables me to escape, reflect, and expand my creativity.

Classical: Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, Holst, Grieg, Dvorak
Show Tunes: Camelot, Fiddler on the Roof, A Chorus Line, Hair, Wicked, Mary Poppins
70s Rock: Styx, Kansas, Journey, Foreigner, Boston, ELO
New Age: Loreena McKennitt, Jim Brickman, George Winston, Enya, Yanni
Anything from Hawaii*: Barefoot Natives, Sonny Lim, Jake Shimabukuro, Israel Kamakawiwo’ole, Keali’i Reichel, Keola Beamer

*Instant happiness! :)

I like old school hard rock (aka Classic Rock) as well as 60s, 70s and 80s pop music. Pop music for me stopped in the early 90s and rock music for me stopped in 1991 when Nirvana came out with their debut album. In fact, I hardly bought new music until I started listening to prog and power metal circa 2005.

I stopped listening to pop in the 90s too, but am back to listening with a vengeance now. I also love Christian contemporary. These days, the best mainstream melodic hard rock is being written by Christian acts.

Plus I'll listen to anything amusing, regardless of genre. I'm starting to discover just how good Weird Al is. I used to think he was just a silly covers guy, but some of his original work is downright hilarious.