metalcore.... the new nu metal????

I suppose there are exeptions to every rule (even with a genre as pointless as this one) so DEP are at least worth listening to, but they're are the only band who can be labled "metalcore" and don't suck completly.

(PS Mastodon aren't metalcore.)

That metalcore screamed vocal style takes a bit of getting used to, but I like it much more than death metal and black metal styles now. Cave In's Stephen Brodsky had a great yell, and so does the guy from Bleeding Through. "Goddess of hate, I've seen this place before..."

Personally, I think that Necro Joe is an idiot. Most metalcore fans are not nu metal fans, they are fans of hardcore and fans of melodic death, which most metalcore bands merge. Sure, some nu metal fans listen to metalcore, but most of the nu metal kids I know went on to real metal or just moved on to the next trend, retro rock. No, metalcore is often more technically complex than most metal styles and is not angsty at all, but instead angry. Also, metalcore does not have emo vocals nearly most of the time, maybe about 30% of metalcore bands have emo vocals and that's stretching it. This thread has suddenly taken a turn for the worse, complete ignorance. God, I hate metalheads. Anyone who listens to one genre of music alone is a complete tool and should be castrated so breeding is not an option.

Think of a word, add Core to the end, you have a new genre.

I've heard Nu-Metal fans recently saying they like Metalcore, Metalcore just seems like a way of making Nu-Metal sound more credible.

"We don't want to be seen as kiddy nu-metallers, we're Metalcore"

Emo-Core, Crust-Core, Shit-Core Nu-GothCore or anything else core.

MallCore LOL

iAMtheblackwizards said:
Metal core = the more metally music that spawned out of the hardcore scene, but what makes it what it is is the overuse of chug chug breakdowns, as well as an overabundance of whiney emo vocals on clean vocal parts

You're really an unintelligent individual who enjoys being ignorant. Burnt By The Sun is a metalcore band. They have NO whiney emo vocals, NO overabundance of chug chug breakdowns, and A TON of musical talent and brutality. There are also TONS more I could name off. But one will do. Please, for your own sake, STOP being gay. G'day!

Heavy Metal Samurai said:
Think of a word, add Core to the end, you have a new genre.

I've heard Nu-Metal fans recently saying they like Metalcore, Metalcore just seems like a way of making Nu-Metal sound more credible.

"We don't want to be seen as kiddy nu-metallers, we're Metalcore"

Emo-Core, Crust-Core, Shit-Core Nu-GothCore or anything else core.

MallCore LOL

So you're telling me GRINDCORE like Pig Destroyer and DEATHCORE like Circle of Dead Children have nu-metal influences or ties? You're wrong.

Soilent Goat said:
So you're telling me GRINDCORE like Pig Destroyer and DEATHCORE like Circle of Dead Children have nu-metal influences or ties? You're wrong.

Who said that? Not me.

If I wrote those words, then you could call me wrong, but I didn't, so don't be so hasty. Metalcore is shit, I don't even want to discuss it.

Grindcore has been around for about 20 years.

What the fuck is Deathcore, you've just made that up.

I really don't care for all these core bands, with the exception of Grind, which pre-dates Nu-Metal by a good decade, but the "-coring" of anything you care to imagine is shit.

Most nu-metal kids listen to Opeth and other gay-ass melo-death shit like Soilwork and In Flames, not metalcore.

And yes, Iced Earth sucks the big schlong.

Most nu-metal kids listen to Opeth and other gay-ass melo-death shit like Soilwork and In Flames, not metalcore.

And yes, Iced Earth sucks the big schlong.
What a loser...

Melody will always own brutality. And this comes from a guy who listens to Agnostic Front, Madball, Life Of Agony, and Biohazard.

Why can't metalcore just be hardcore mixed with melodeath and emo and be done with it. Who cares if it's nu-metal or not really hardcore or whatever?

I don't think this really fits in the metal-core genre, but it's the closest thing I can think to place it in... Today Is the Day - In the Eyes of God is one of the most amazing albums ever made. It's also probably the only non-metal album that is more intense and extreme that just about any metal album. Steve Austin is a genius. The other two players on this album (Austin has been the only constant throughout the band's career, he always tries to find some people better than the last for each new album) went on to form Mastodon after performing on this masterpiece.

LuminousAether said:
No, Bruce Dickinson doesn't own anything, besides a small collective of young male prostitutes. He's a terrible vocalist and he has been a member of one of the worst bands in history for long enough to earn the derision of anyone with at least 5 working neurons.

Perhaps you mean he earns the derision of anyone with ONLY 5 working neurons?? :)