metalcore.... the new nu metal????

anonymousnick2001 said:
What a loser...

Melody will always own brutality. And this comes from a guy who listens to Agnostic Front, Madball, Life Of Agony, and Biohazard.

Why can't metalcore just be hardcore mixed with melodeath and emo and be done with it. Who cares if it's nu-metal or not really hardcore or whatever?

Stupid newb. You quoted me, but your response had absolutely nothing to do with what I said. I was talking about the fans, not the music. I was pointing out (and Luminous Aether pointed it out as well) that many kids into nu-metal also listen to "happy" melody plagued metal like Soilwork and other overrated Swedish acts, not metalcore as so many are so quick to say.

Melody is overused in these days. It is needed, of course. But many people only listen to melody infested metal, not able to handle the good, more brutal metal.

Punk rock homicide said:
this thread is to funny, you guys are totally sounding like a bunch of bitchy hardcore kids. and to whoever said end this day was boring; your a moron.

Bah, show me an interesting End This Day song, and then maybe I'll listen.

LuminousAether said:
One metalcore band that slipped my mind that absolutely rules is Every Time I Die.
Where did they get that name from? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Because y'know, there's a SONG...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Or am I just being a tit?

"The faint blaze of the candle
Of my life slowly dying
Like a fire in the pouring rain
No sparks of hope inside
No shooting stars on my sky
On broken wings, no flying high..."

Now does that ring a bell?

Heavy Metal Samurai said:
Grindcore has been around for about 20 years.

What the fuck is Deathcore, you've just made that up.

I really don't care for all these core bands, with the exception of Grind, which pre-dates Nu-Metal by a good decade, but the "-coring" of anything you care to imagine is shit.

Yeah for this post. :cool:
Since my last post, people are still debating what metalcore is. Because IT IS A MADE UP GENRE TITLE. The music media have been doing this for years and it ultimately means nothing. Britpop anyone? Grunge?
In addition to that, you're all arguing that it's not nu-metal and "many kids into nu-metal also listen to "happy" melody plagued metal like Soilwork and other overrated Swedish acts, not metalcore as so many are so quick to say".
So what? Does that mean metalcore fans are somehow "better" metal fans? From reading this thread, I doubt it. It seems to me that some of you are more worried about the image that this metalcore tag provides than actual music of any kind.

Yup, everybody is absolutely correct on the Nu-Metal to Melodeath thing.

I used to like everything Nu-Metal, and then got into Sweedish acts like At The Gates, In Flames, Dark Tranquillity and yes, there was even Opeth that I got into.

I only got into this kind of music for about a month or two. Then I realised it sucked.

I hate Gothenburg. I despise it, I despise it, and I despise it. *Spits*

Edit: Well, Opeth isn't Gothenburg, but they are still overrated shit with the faggiest fanboys I have ever seen.

Nu-metal kids will always find something new to make the "in" thing. Right now, by me, the current "in" band is Poison the Well. Everybody and their fucking mother is listening to You Come Before You.

That's because You Come Before You is fucking fantastic, one of the greatest albums I have ever heard. It's a work of thematic and textured genius. It's the best non-metalcore hardcore based album I have heard, edging out other post hardcore bests like Drive Like Jehu and City of Caterpillar.

But I started out as a "nu metal kid," I loved Deftones, Incubus, Nothingface, etc. back in the day. I went to doom metal right afterwards. I think it's fucking retarded that you guys still care so much about what nu metal fans listen to. Right now, metalcore is the most fresh style of metal and there are many bands in the style doing some fantastic things like .hopesfall., Every Time I Die, Radiation 4, Beloved, Underoath, etc.

And grunge and britpop are quite easy to define, regardless of their status as media made-up terms. Metalcore is NOT one of those. Metalcore is exactly what the name implies, a mixture of metal and hardcore. It is fucking easily defined and if you argue about what it means, then you are retarded. Simply put.

LuminousAether said:
Personally, I think that Necro Joe is an idiot.
Thats sweet, you're a trend following prick with no taste

LuminousAether said:
Most metalcore fans are not nu metal fans.
LuminousAether said:
I started out as a "nu metal kid," I loved Deftones, Incubus, Nothingface, etc. back in the day.
Face it, you don't have a fucking clue.

Poison the Well, the "in" thing? Are you kidding me? The "in" thing right now now is easily the watered down Swedish bands like Soilwork, In Flames, Opeth. Might as well add Arch Enemy in there. THese are the bands that nu-metal fans listen to so they can seem more brutal than their peers.

Either way, Poison the Well's latest album utterly shits on anything the aforementioned bands have released within the past half decade.

Dreamlord said:
Poison the Well, the "in" thing? Are you kidding me? The "in" thing right now now is easily the watered down Swedish bands like Soilwork, In Flames, Opeth. Might as well add Arch Enemy in there. THese are the bands that nu-metal fans listen to so they can seem more brutal than their peers.

Either way, Poison the Well's latest album utterly shits on anything the aforementioned bands have released within the past half decade.

Hey, I'm just calling it like I see it. And near me, I see a bunch of kids with Poison the Well the shirts on. Discussing Evanescence no less. Weird. Next month, who knows what it will be.

Necro Joe said:
Thats sweet, you're a trend following prick with no taste

Face it, you don't have a fucking clue.

Yes, I STARTED out as a nu metal kid. Back in '97 - '98 when the style came out with The Deftones first two albums, Incubus' SCIENCE, Nothingface's Pacifier and An Audio Guide to Atrocity, etc. I didn't like Korn or Limp Bizkit, but the rest was usually ok with me. But that was 5 years ago, over 4 years before I heard metalcore. Between then, I mostly listened to industrial, black metal, doom metal, and dark ambient for half the time and then the second half I listened to anything and everything including jazz, country, folk, etc. So how does that fit with nu metal fans going into metalcore? Almost every person under the age of 25 into metal at all right now probably did so through nu metal. Just like people over that age got into it though cock rock, which was even worse than nu metal.

i started out as a nu metal boy, slipknot and deftones and godsmack oh boy! but unlike so many others i did NOT start off by getting into swedish melodeath(some of which i love), i started off with Iced Earth, Slayer,Testament, Death and Possessed...so whats all this talk about associating certain metal genres with crappy nu metal? i may not know everything there is about metalcore but i think one listen to The Red Chord's "Sixteen Bit Fingerprint" will change some minds about the genre. metalcore is fucking metal take the time to listen to it, its worth it. i mean these ppl on here bitching about how metalcore is like nu metal, i dont see where except maybe in the vocals, even though The Red Chord has practically death metal vocals.

There is no nu-metal influence in metalcore. Period. Randall Blythe of Lamb of God has bashed nu-metal openly in every interview that's questioned what he thinks about it...Show me a similarity in Disturbed and Burnt by the Sun....Show me a similarity between Spineshank and Nora....there fucking IS NOT ONE...this is pointless and useless argument this thread ought to be locked.

Think of a word, add Core to the end, you have a new genre.

I've heard Nu-Metal fans recently saying they like Metalcore, Metalcore just seems like a way of making Nu-Metal sound more credible.

"We don't want to be seen as kiddy nu-metallers, we're Metalcore"

Emo-Core, Crust-Core, Shit-Core Nu-GothCore or anything else core.

MallCore LOL

Seriously, show me where I wrote that Nu-Metal sounds like Metalcore.

I said fans of Nu-Metal are all jumping on the Metalcore bandwagon, because as the commercial music scene goes, the flavour of the week is played to death until the next thing comes along and thus the cycle repeats.

Last month it was Evanesence, then Emo, and now Metalcore.

Hey, don't get angry there soiled Goat, wow you called me a motherfucker, you obviously are an intelligent individuall putting your point across with well thought out arguements and engaging points of view......Or maybe your just an angry Metalcore Fan.

Obviously your opinion doesn't matter to me, you can't expect me to take you seriously calling me a motherfucker.
:lol:

Similarity between Diturbed and Burnt By The Sun...Kerrang told us that they are "The hot new thing".............for a few weeks at least

Heavy Metal Samurai: Have you even took the time to listen to any metalcore? Or do you have the "core" sucks mentality? You actually think calling it metalcore makes it more credible? Metalcore isn't the new flavor of the week buddy, you sound like a person who is arguing something you have no knowledge about. You're fucking listening to what Kerrang says about music? Well, either way its not the "flavor of the week", i know this for a fact because I have not seen ONE metalcore video on headbangers balls or any other popular music tv or radio station.

Check these guys out: "Killswitch Engage" The song "Life to Lifeless" is an amazing metal tune !!! Not too sure if they're metalcore or not but they kick ass regardless !!!

Seriously, show me where I wrote that Nu-Metal sounds like Metalcore.

I said fans of Nu-Metal are all jumping on the Metalcore bandwagon, because as the commercial music scene goes, the flavour of the week is played to death until the next thing comes along and thus the cycle repeats.

Last month it was Evanesence, then Emo, and now Metalcore.

Hey, don't get angry there soiled Goat, wow you called me a motherfucker, you obviously are an intelligent individuall putting your point across with well thought out arguements and engaging points of view......Or maybe your just an angry Metalcore Fan.

Obviously your opinion doesn't matter to me, you can't expect me to take you seriously calling me a motherfucker.
:lol:

Similarity between Diturbed and Burnt By The Sun...Kerrang told us that they are "The hot new thing".............for a few weeks at least

Errmm...no I haven't the slightest idea how metalcore is the new thing as of late. Don't see that at all. I still see the nu-metal kids at the Hot Topic sporting their big jeans and Korn tee shirts...and when those tee shirts say converge, lamb of god, dead to fall, bleeding through, shai hulud etc...I will then agree with you completely. Until then...we agree to disagree. Oh and as for your similarity in BBTS and Disturbed..I meant musically not what a shitty magazine like Kerrang has to say.