Nu-Metal, Emo, Punk, Metalcore, All Garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Chef Sakai

New Metal Member
Jan 23, 2007
Kitchen Stadium
I cannot stand these types of music.
Why?
-Emo, I don't like this one because it feels so superficial and melodramatic. hot topic-ish.
-Nu-Metal, more like fake metal.
-Punk, not heavy enough for me, not enough variety in it. lyrics are always the same.
-Metalcore, I just recently heard this term, imo, not credible enough metal for me. I get this feeling its like punk bands trying to act heavy.

Comments??

These statements, however generic, common, and over discussed they may be, are GENERALLY true. Except for the emo one, I never see much emo stuff at hot topic.

You can't shut yourself up, man. You have to experience it for yourself. As much as I agree with you for the most part, I'm not ashamed to admit I like one or two songs each by Atreyu, As I Lay Dying, etc. I also don't mind some hardcore. I have a lot of friends in the underground hardcore scene. I love breakdowns, and hardcore breakdowns are more satisfying to me sometimes than brutal death or grind breakdowns. Just because you are a metalhead doesnt mean you have to hate all non metal.

I even like some slipknot. Okay, let me rephrase that. I like the final 13 seconds of Wait and Bleed.

Social Distortion definetly have their own sound.One of the best things about oldschool punk was those great vocal harmonies and bass intros.
As for nu metal I would say the majority sucks.The new Deftones is pretty good though,a variety of moods throughout the disc.

My sister is really into the whole emo/ indie rock shit. I personally think it's the worst form of music in the world. I would take rap, country, techno pretty much anything over that boring pussy shit. /rant :)

You don't know what emo is, you don't listen to real metalcore, punk > you, nu-metal I can't speak for.

Punk's ok but nothing I'd buy, most Nu Metal I don't like(As funny as this sounds I liked Slipknot and Mudvayne for the heaviness), the only Metalcore band i like is Lamb of God, most everything else I don't like, grindcore and brutal death breakdowns are great. Is it true hardcore breakdowns are open note breakdowns? Emo is something I don't listen to nor do I want to.

My sister is really into the whole emo/ indie rock shit. I personally think it's the worst form of music in the world. I would take rap, country, techno pretty much anything over that boring pussy shit. /rant :)

emo/indie shit is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than shitty pop bands/rappers that alot of girls like

Status
Not open for further replies.