metalcore.... the new nu metal????

After hearing some MP3's, I went out and purchased Failure On by Beloved. It's pretty good, but the band needs to pay careful attention to not let the songs they write slip into stagnation, like Rise and Fall does at the end. Other than that, these guys seem to everything else under control.

If by stagnation you mean repetition, that's just part of their sound. They do use repetition at certain points, but not nearly to the point that even Opeth do (like the end of one song on Deliverance which is just 4 minutes of basic repetition or so).

LuminousAether said:
Emo is sappy, but not gay. Because of the subject matter, most emo is extremely heterosexual.

Power metal is the only genre that I can really think of which is truly gay.
So emo bands are "extremely heterosexual" because they sing about their girlfriends? I hate lyrics about relationships, but that is not why I dislike emo. How can you say power metal is gay? Music is by definition not gay unless the lyrics actually deal with homosexual relationships. As much as I dislike emo, I wouldn't call it gay.

Emo bands were suppose to be born girls but something in the genes happened and left them in the wrong body.

Living Inside said:
Emo bands were suppose to be born girls but something in the genes happened and left them in the wrong body.
:lol: Well I can definitely see how girls can get into emo, since it is softer than regular hardcore, and the lyrics are all about relationships and are very emotional.

I have proved over and over again that all emo lyrics are NOT about relationships. If you think that the only thing you can get emotional about is a lover, then you are deluded. And is the only emotions sadness and happiness? Of course not! Most emo I have heard is very politically charged and with messages against organized religion (Boysetsfire, Thursday, and Poison the Well) or other similar punk themes. Here's a hint: most of what you are considering to be emo is NOT emo.

Me and a friend were listening to some of his Faith No More cd's on X while smoking a bowl and my chest hurt from laughing. We had to turn it off after about 10 minutes.