Bleeding Through

LuminousAether

My name is Distance
Dec 22, 2001
Columbus, Ohio
www.hypnos.clan.st
Anyone like this band? They play an extremely heavy style of metalcore steeped in death and black metal traditions with a loud synth style reminiscent of Dimmu Borgir around Enthrone Darkness Triumphant. Unlike most metalcore bands, they have solos (a lot more on their newest album) and a lot of profanity. They have a bit of a nu metal influence, like Norma Jean, but not enough to make a difference. Anyone who likes uncompromisingly heavy metalcore should check them out.

They played a show here at a local teenage club. Every goddamned show at this club is a Metalcore show. It's supposed to feature different genres, but I ain't seein' it.

Anyway, I decided to check out a few songs a while back. I wasn't highly impressed. From what I heard, it was overly generic.

A Life Once Lost are playing in October along with Cannae. Yet another Metalcore show. Ahhhhh! The torture never ends.

Yeah, Bleeding Through IS pretty generic at their core, but the solos and keyboards set them apart from the pack. Underoath did the whole black metal + hardcore with solos and keys thing a LOT better, but Bleeding Through is still worth a few listens for fans of Dimmu Borgir and/or metalcore.

Underoath played a show here, too. I don't think there is one Metalcore band on the scene right now that hasn't played here.

I checked a few songs by them, and it was the complete opposite...I was highly impressed.

I feel like listening to them again right now. *Goes to mp3.com*

Get the first two Underoath albums, Act of Depression and Cries of the Past over their latest, The Changing of Times. The first two were heavier, had a lot longer songs, and had more of a black metal influence. Their newer stuff added emo parts (fuckers), but they are extremely well done and pretty sparse except for the first track so it's not a huge problem.

Yeah, I like emo. I just think it's generic for every metalcore band to have emo parts. I like bands to add stuff that I don't expect, or keep the emo parts more aggressive. Underoath does do that emo stuff excellently, adding a more melodic element, but I can see how that would put off some metalheads.

Bleeding Through's new stuff is their best. It's their most aggressive, it has the most solos, and the keys aren't quite as loud. The only main difference I could tell was that the singing vocals weren't in the aggressive rock vein but were instead in a more traditional style of singing. Not a major difference as the screams far outweigh the singing.

LuminousAether said:
Bleeding Through's new stuff is their best. It's their most aggressive, it has the most solos, and the keys aren't quite as loud. The only main difference I could tell was that the singing vocals weren't in the aggressive rock vein but were instead in a more traditional style of singing. Not a major difference as the screams far outweigh the singing.
Thats cool, I'm gonna check this out, all the cool scene kids are talking about shit about it, but I guess thats the scene thing to do.