Swedish influence on modern metal.

Caelum Adustum said:
Making more simple music doesn't equal progression.

Hardcore sucks, keep it out of metal.
Remember that thrash metal wouldn't of come up if it wasn't for hardcore/punk. If there was no hardcore there may not be death metal or black metal around today. I like some metalcore but I've heard way better heavy metal.

Maybe your watching to much tv and you've come to this conclusion? I personally don't watch anything that is musical on tv, as it clouds my better judgement. More and more bands are being signed on record labels that are no where near related to the in flames or soilwork craze that is happening in the States.

Btw not to critize or anything, yes I do know Himsa was greatly influenced by In Flames (years ago, before in flames was being played on tv I guess), but they add there own feel to it, that when you hear them you know its "Himsa" not another copy cat of In Flames or whatever band that is being played on TV now.

Obvious ones: Bathory, Sacramentum, Necrophobic, Therion, Entombed, Dismember, Abruptum, Afflicted, Grotesque, At the Gates, Lord Belial, Grave, God Macabre, The Abyss