metalcore.... the new nu metal????

the dudes in underoath are like 19-22 yrs old and have never been laid, but there super nice guys. Changing of times might be a little to emo but I still like it alot.

Oh hush your Shai Hulud bashing...they're a great band. and if you base your dislike upon the straight edge factor alone..that's really sad. I love their music though. I think they're very gifted. But...not for everyone I guess. By the same token..neither is Iced Earth or Saxon!!

I like shai hulud actually, i heard that Geert just left the band and they are singer-less again, but i dont know if there is any merit to that claim. They are one of the few bands associated with the hardcore scene in anyway i can still listen to, most of it is too generic and similar sounding now.

Soilent Goat said:
Oh hush your Shai Hulud bashing...they're a great band. and if you base your dislike upon the straight edge factor alone..that's really sad. I love their music though. I think they're very gifted. But...not for everyone I guess. By the same token..neither is Iced Earth or Saxon!!

Eh, I could care less if they're straight edge or not. I just don't care for their music. It didn't do anything for me.

No, Bruce Dickinson doesn't own anything, besides a small collective of young male prostitutes. He's a terrible vocalist and he has been a member of one of the worst bands in history for long enough to earn the derision of anyone with at least 5 working neurons.

And Shai Hulud sucks. They are the epitomy of generic and the vocalist is so monotone it is painful to hear his voice.

LuminousAether said:
No, Bruce Dickinson doesn't own anything, besides a small collective of young male prostitutes. He's a terrible vocalist and he has been a member of one of the worst bands in history for long enough to earn the derision of anyone with at least 5 working neurons.

And Shai Hulud sucks. They are the epitomy of generic and the vocalist is so monotone it is painful to hear his voice.
You're quite an angry individual aren't you?

Shai hulud is/was the best band in hardcore. apparently there talking about doing a tour with chad (now in nfg) and their old drummer who is in further seems forever, after that matt fox is gonna change the name and play new material and hulud stuff.

i used to lop in metalcore with hardcore, and i hate hardcore so i always thought they both sucked. upon further inspection the few metalcore bands ive found are great. i still hate hardcore music....and hatebreed

can anybody tell me some goo metalcore bands? all i know of is ion dissonance, god forbid, dillenger escape plan, and the red chord.

What is metalcore anyway? Is it another media spawned genre to further confuse an already cluttered list of pointless genres?
Seriously, is it just hardcore with a fancy name?

The most ridiculous one is mathcore. Hehe.

LuminousAether said:
Maybe this is part of some ongoing problem you all have with real metal but I'll give my view anyway...

Iron Maiden have influenced countless musicians/bands/metalheads over their long career and they've also produced some of the genres all time classic albums. Bruce is a great vocalist/frontman and their is no evidence anywhere to indicate otherwise.
Metalcore is not only NOT METAL, but it doesn't even live up to the hardcore it so painfully tries to up-date. If I really wanted to listen to angsty, poorly performed music I would buy a Slipknot album. Why people think a few groove riffs and the odd mellow death harmonized section makes you a metal band is beyond me. Most of these bands mix grind, a little hardcore and lots of heavy mallcore to create a pitiful mongrel of a genre which is disowned by metalheads and punks alike. So another worthless genre is created and all the ex-mallcore kids go nuts for it, what a surpirise.
Well at least it leaves more good music for the rest of us.