Memory tester (80s metal compilations)

Wrathchild

Miserable Bastard
Apr 16, 2001
Enfield, South Australia
Visit site
When I was much, much younger and still a bit worried by but mostly curious about heavy metal in general (early 80s primary school years), I remember seeing an ad on TV for a compilation album. It started with the voiceover "you've put the cat out, you've put granny to bed..." and then cut to the standard big hair and Gibson Flying V video footage while Quiet Riot's version of "Cum on Feel The Noize" played in the background. I think there was a Maiden song mentioned somewhere too. Does anyone know what the damn album was called, or perhaps even own a copy?

A while later (must have been 1988 because I remember ads for the Pink Floyd tour being on at around the same time) there was a four-cassette box set released called "Metal Masters". I can recall a bit more about this one because one of the older kids at my high school used to play it at lunchtime to piss off the librarians. Full tracklisting please?

W

It may be one called "Metal Meltdown". DO NOT BUY THIS ALBUM! Because they tried to put 17 tracks onto it, they had to EDIT the songs if they went over 3 and a half minutes. They did this by fading out the song during the guitar solo! If you see a copy of this album anywhere, DO NOT BUY IT

1988?!! That's a pre-Simpson's period! :erk:

Did life even exsist way back then? I think not.