Memphis May Fire - The Hollow

Anyone have any idea what Cameron used for the guitars on this album? I've heard some say ampsims, and others say reamp. Either way, I absolutely love the guitar tone on this album.

Any idea what he used specifically for this album? And what kinda cabs amps in lecto? I dig that tone so much, haha

Lol, just downloaded lecto, i see that it's only one cab. Having a heck of a time trying to get it to sound decent though. This is my first time using impulses.

Yes, we did use the lecto but since cab sims were limited for this project we used waves cabs instead of impulses I normally use. Glad you dig the tone!

That's cool dude! But quick question. How are cab sims.... limited? There's impulses EVERYWHERE on the web. I feel sure you could find some that sounds 1,000,000x better than the Waves Cabs.

We didn't have an impulse loader at the time and I had been using that combination on my demos for that record. The multiband is what made that crappy cab sound good. I don't use the waves cabs anymore lol.

I love the new MMF songs, but the distortion kills it for me. I was surprised buying it from itunes to sound like that.

I love this album so much!!

Kellen, pls.. any post processing tips on your guitars? This guitars dancing so nice with kick and bass. :danceboy: awe

and of ANYONE in that band to engineer/produce it, i would think it'd be jake, he works at chango.

btw Joey mastered this, but MMF turned it down. js i'm a fan of chango and this cd rocks, but i heard the sturgis master and it kicked ass!!

and of ANYONE in that band to engineer/produce it, i would think it'd be jake, he works at chango.

btw Joey mastered this, but MMF turned it down. js i'm a fan of chango and this cd rocks, but i heard the sturgis master and it kicked ass!!

And i bet Joey's didnt clip from start to end either! Its a great production that should of been mastered by a pro, Just Saying!

And i bet Joey's didnt clip from start to end either! Its a great production that should of been mastered by a pro, Just Saying!
+1

I can't believe it got released with all the fucking clipping. Like seriously?
I mean it sounds punchy and all...but like, jesus christ. When the master is clipping so bad that you can barely understand the screams anymore that's a pretty big mastering issue. No reason the master needed to be that damn loud.

As far as post on the guitars, just done multibanding. The rest was just my guitar and tight tracking. I love jake like a brother but hes no engineer lol, he just helps track at Chango. I wanted to master it but was afraid to hurt cam's feelings. And if really had heard joeys master you wouldn't say it sounded good bc it was the opposite.

As far as post on the guitars, just done multibanding. The rest was just my guitar and tight tracking. I love jake like a brother but hes no engineer lol, he just helps track at Chango. I wanted to master it but was afraid to hurt cam's feelings. And if really had heard joeys master you wouldn't say it sounded good bc it was the opposite.

The recording is great though, just needed to maybe back off on the 2 buss, but maybe your 2012 release will blow our faces off :) just make sure it isn't clipping man, you guys deserve way better feedback coz you are 1 of the few more original bands in your genre.

Bring back derrrrr soufffernnnnn riiifs!!! And I heard the same thing about the Joey mastering MMF thing, just yesterday from a band that went there. Not everyone is gonna love his stuff, it's nature.