Mercyful Fate - Melissa re-release

ElectricWiz said:
Haha. You know, there was something that bugged me about it too. Toward the end of the title track there was a vocal part that was, apparently, restored. Roughly three minutes in where King says, "She was a witch, why did he take you away..." (if not exactly) there is some addes stuff after, just some "Oh Melissa," stuff. I have never quite gotten used to that. A small qualm, but it doesn't quite work for me.
Hehe that damn song must be haunted.

is the cover more brightened up? Like can you actually see the artwork now, like on the original vinyl pressing?
I hope so! If anyone cares, here's the "real" artwork :

1Melissa.jpg

And even brighter :

1melissa8qq.jpg

Damn... :erk: Does "Melissa" sound like the original song (with reverb on vocals) or the remaster version?

I'll probably get it anyway, I'm a stubborn completist o_O Still, I hope it's sold at a decent price.

Dodens Grav said:
Okay, this time I watched the DVD on my X Box instead of my computer, and for some reason there's an enormous increase in quality. The feed is still of bootleg quality, but there's 3 cameras and everything can be easily distinguished. Of course, it's still only 3 songs, but there's also a relatively interesting out-of-character commentary by Kim about the times. The DVD is about 13 minutes in total, so if that's enough for you, maybe it is worth it afterall.

What are the three songs?

Oh, and I should mention that King Diamond is working on a more complete DVD, or so I read in an interview - a Mercyful Fate DVD. So, this just may be a preview of sorts of that. According to him they have a ton of old footage.
We'll see. Can't remember where I read that interview, but it must have been on his site.

ElectricWiz said:
What are the three songs?

Oh, and I should mention that King Diamond is working on a more complete DVD, or so I read in an interview - a Mercyful Fate DVD. So, this just may be a preview of sorts of that. According to him they have a ton of old footage.
We'll see. Can't remember where I read that interview, but it must have been on his site.
It could be from these interviews :
http://www.metal-rules.com/zine/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=188&Itemid=54
http://www.metallian.com/kingdiamond.htm

We want to see if we can put together a retro MERCYFUL FATE DVD and a retro KING DIAMOND DVD to give the fans some of the very early stuff that we were involved with. I'm talking about bootlegs that no one has ever seen before. We do have copies of every bootleg that has been available, but we have masters of bootlegs that no one has ever seen. It's that stuff that I would like to get out to the fans, so even collectors will be blown away. Very good picture quality, very good bootleg sound quality on all instruments. An example would be MERCYFUL FATE in early 1982, before Michael Denner joined the band, playing a live concert in Copenhagen. When I saw it the first time, I was a little stunned. 'Oh my God, that's not Michael Denner there!' We have even more stuff of KING DIAMOND. I received 35 tapes a few weeks ago where the majority is stuff that people have seen before, the collectors you know…that is not interesting for me at all. But there's MERCYFUL FATE live in 1983 in a converted church that had become a concert venue in Amsterdam, Holland. The venue was called the Paradiso. We were playing 'Don't Break the Oath' songs before we recorded 'Don't Break the Oath' and were burning the cross on stage and all that stuff. It's cool and has very good quality. You probably won't have seen any bootleg quality that good, both picture and sound. It is really interesting. If I were a fan, say it was SABBATH and I could get some of that stuff, I would be right there, I would love it. In the end, the fans decide themselves what they will buy and not buy. It will be clearly labeled what it is, never-before-available official bootlegs. We hope to get through that, I have to have another meeting with Brian and when I've been through all of it and found the very best stuff, we have to see how he wants to approach the whole thing. Of course, we will throw all the official videos on that.

They will feature old materiels from the early days. I call them official bootlegs. It is not a bootleg that has ever been out on the bootleg market though. No one has ever seen this stuff. There is some very good picture quality and the sound is acceptable for all instruments. These are things like Mercyful live in Copenhagen in 1982 which is even before Michael Denner was in the band. There is some very rare footage there, plus behind the scenes stuff. So in the next couple of months beside writing material for the next studio album I will be going through that stuff. I have 35 DVDs of material, but the majority is stuff people have seen and those I am not interested in. I don't want to release anything people have seen even on the bootlegs - even though not many people have seen them.

There will be a 25th Anniversary edition of a Diamond Record, damn, does this mean the Mercy & the KD dvd's included in these packages are the dvd that KD was talking about then?! I haven't picked up the Mercy re-issue, I was late getting it ordered, It's on the list....

Dodens Grav said:
King Diamond 'Abigail' CD + Bonus DVD, releasedate September 27th, 2005 (USA only). The European release will probably be one month later. More news if we have it. CD1: Funeral Arrival A Mansion In Darkness The Family Ghost The 7th Day Of July 1777 Omens The Possession Abigail Black Horsemen Shrine A Mansion In Darkness (rough mix) The Family Ghost (rough mix) The Possession (rough mix)
DVD: Live in Gothenberg, Sweden, 1987*: Funeral Arrival Come To The Sabbath The Portrait The Family Ghost The 7th Day Of July 1777 Halloween * = previously unreleased.
:hotjump: :headbang: