Merry Xmas 2008 - what cool stuff did you score?

SilentRealm

Apr 1, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Hi everyone,

Merry Xmas!

What did everyone get as presents?

My wonderful bf bought me a left-handed guitar:

2243349283_cfbb4a8924.jpg

It's the Epiphone SG in cherry red. It cost $800AUD coz left-handeds are harder to get, and I love it! And already I'm playing like Mike Romeo! (haha not really, I can't even do scales yet)

Hah! You're going to go all Angus Young on us first!
I am not seeing my family for Christmas. I'm at work now, and am working a 12 hour shift X-mas day. Since I recently got a promotion and bumped to salary. I'm fucked for the holiday bonus pay. Pisses me off, I can't tell you how many times I've been through this shit. But back on topic, I bought myself a Bumblefoot cd, and in the work grab bag, I got a copy of The Dark Knight, and a bucket of microwave popcorn.

So far the only gift i got was from my buddy. The Big Lebowski special edition that comes in a bowling ball. Fucking killer!

511m3hu5imL._SS500_.jpg

In all honesty, the only thing i want from the fam is some socks. Maybe a pair of jeans. That's what i told them i want, that's what i hope i get.

I got:

-Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream
-Riverside - Second Life Syndrom
-Opeth Blackwaterpark shirt
-Some other clothes..
-The Alchemist (novel)
-Two pairs of drum sticks

So far the only gift i got was from my buddy. The Big Lebowski special edition that comes in a bowling ball. Fucking killer!

511m3hu5imL._SS500_.jpg

In all honesty, the only thing i want from the fam is some socks. Maybe a pair of jeans. That's what i told them i want, that's what i hope i get.

I haven't seen that movie, but I was going to pick up that edition when I saw it. Was so hard to say no, but the price was a little too high.

I found Alien Quadrilogy at HMV for $14.99 CDN - crazy-assed deal. I would've felt retarded if I hadn't taken it.

That movie is a work of art. It's an amazing comedy, but also just fantastic.... especially on multiple viewings. Not to mention one of the single most quotable movies ever made.

After 'real' christmas, i walked away with socks, a pair of jeans (just what i wanted!!!), a new watch that is totally bitchin', some cash and gift cards. It was fucking awwesome, everything was practical and exactly what i needed. My family fucking rocks.

Holy hell, I made out like a bandit this year. I guess it's only a toy, two DVDs, and 4 shirts... but whatever.

First and foremost, a remote control helicopter, which was SUPER awesome for about 4 hours until I snapped a wing. Luckily, I looked online and replacements are cheap. Holy shit this tiny little thing rules, and it's only like $40 in case I smash the hell out of it.

Then I got Opeth's Roundhouse Tapes DVD, which is really good. Also "The Nightmare Before Christmas" because Danny Elfman rules.

My brother kicked ass, though. He got me a shirt with Jimmy Page knockin' back a bottle of Jack, a Deep Purple shirt, and a black shirt that just says "PARTY HARD" in white block letters. Oh, and my parents got me a Dinosaur Comics hoodie.

A million tonnes of chocolate, couple of gift cards for JB Hi-Fi, a ticket to Soundwave 2009, and random crap from the olds.

Best Christmas present ever (perhaps not so good as a lefty SG though):

Russian River Damnation
Russian River Blind Pig
Dogfish Head 120-Minute IPA
Dogfish Head Worldwide Stout
Dogfish Head 90-Minute IPA four pack
Victory Hop Wallop six pack
Victory Hop Devil six pack
Victory V-12
The Lost Abbey Gift of the Magi
Stone Cali-Belgique IPA

Thanks, Russ!