Merry Xmas 2008 - what cool stuff did you score?

For some reason I scored a lot of cash this year (Probably because I'm in college...) The only things I bought with it were:

Opeth - The Candlight Years
Borknagar - Empiricism
Meshuggah - Catch 33
Scar Symmetry - Holographic Universe
Elder Scrolls 4 - Oblivion GotY edition for Xbox 360

I may pick up one more Xbox360 game since they are really cheap now.

Blu-ray's of Band of Brother's, The Dark Knight, and The Shawshank Redemption. Plus some cash.

Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall
Clerks
No Country for Old Men
Juno
Supernatural Season 1
A 500GB external hard drive
Cash

Hey, I had GH 3 for a couple of weeks (but lost it today). I am proud to say that I almost completed Muse - Knights of Cydonia on expert :lol:

haha nice

i have never owned it but i've played it at my friends houses since it came out and i was the guitar hero champ at my school LOL. i can beat every song on expert, i just beat through the fire and flames to :headbang: but real guitar is way better thats for sure

Happy holidays everyone, and yes you'd better learn to play :)

Uhm I got...

A Watch
Some clothing (a few shirts, some jeans, socks, boxers, hoodies)
Guns N' Roses: Chinese Democracy
Metallica: Death Magnetic
Disturbed: Indestructible
Metalocalypse: Dethklok The Dethalbum

other than that I got a few little things, and Prince of Persia for the 360 \m/

You better learn to play Charis!

yeah ive started learning :headbang:

i'm also considering paying for proper lessons. I'll see if my friend Mark will do it, as he is an awesome guitarist (he is from Alarum) and he is a guitar teacher already also, and after me, he is probably the person most excited about the fact that I finally got a guitar haha. oh and he is a lefty also.

Sounds like everyone did well this year!

I got what I wanted - a pair of slippers, money and some fine scotch.

Is there really anything more to life than slippers, money and booze?:lol:

Gamestop had a buy 2 used - get one free on games so I bought Mass Effect and Lost Planet (My brother bought some other game that I don't remember the name of.) I'm starting to love Xbox 360 (Over the Wii that I bought and no longer play, except for Resident Evil 4.) now because a lot of the games are under $15.00.:cool:

haha nice

i have never owned it but i've played it at my friends houses since it came out and i was the guitar hero champ at my school LOL. i can beat every song on expert, i just beat through the fire and flames to :headbang: but real guitar is way better thats for sure

That's crazy. I could complete a couple of easier songs on expert (Sunshine of Your Love or Paranoid for example are ridiculously easy on any difficulty), but some solos are just freaky shit.