merzbow

It's one guy, and he's probably the most famous "noise" artist there is. He's from Japan, and he makes noise music, which involves......noise. V.V.V.V.V. will probably write something longer, since he's a big obsessive noise fan. :loco:

Edit: And 10293847 gave you the more concise, to the point, and curt answer. ^_^

I just ordered Boris/Merzbow - Sunbaked Snow Cave, but I've never heard Merzbow before. got 3 Boris albums so far other than this (Amplifier Worship, Akuma no Uta, and Mabuta no Ura). Did I make a wrong move?

Demilich said:
I just ordered Boris/Merzbow - Sunbaked Snow Cave, but I've never heard Merzbow before. got 3 Boris albums so far other than this (Amplifier Worship, Akuma no Uta, and Mabuta no Ura). Did I make a wrong move?

If you like the slower/dronier bits of Amplifier Worship you'll proabably like Sunbaked Snow Cave. I'm not really a fan of Merzbow, but the album is dominated more by Boris I think. I didn't really like their first album with Merzbow (Megatone, I think?), if that's any indication of anything. Pretty excellent droney/ambient stuff if that's your thing.

Also let me recommend Boris's albums Heavy Rocks, Feedbacker, Flood, and Pink for general awesomeness :cool:

Merzbow is kind of cool, I like 1930. Government Alpha and Masonna are also worth checking out.

Oh, and The Gerogerigegege are fucking awesome too.

VomitBubble said:
wow, you mean by this that Merzbow remixes Sunn 0))) on Sunn's album or other way around?

Merzbow mixes tracks 3 and 4 on Flight Of The Behemoth according to Metal-Archives, so I assume that's what he means.

wolf said:
How did you know I'm a guy?

Well... 99.6% of people who post here are male. What, did you want me to be able to smell your male pheromones from here? Sorry, it just seemed the more logical gender to pick.

I've never heard a Noise band before. I'm assuming they're not really just noise----- I mean, sludge isn't just sludge, etc. What makes it "noise"? Technically all music is noise.