mesa boogie - dual or triple rectifier??

I own a MESA Boogie amp, and it is absolutely marvellous for recording. But it is a tube amp, and it has all of the drawbacks that tubes have always had relative to solid state amps. The amplifier only sounds good when the tubes are heated and operating in an optimal humidity range. This is easy to guarantee in a studio, but almost impossible to ensure in performances. WHile warming up any tube amplifieer, util the capacitors aere charged, and the inductors are heated to provide the correct reactance levels, the amps sound muddy because of frequecy-based phase shifts and othere non-linearities. It has been a problem with analog tube besed electronics since the invention of cathode tubes.

As for rectifiers, there is really no need for anything above a 2 phase setup, unless you are attempting to deliberately add distortions. Evenm then, the input and output of a dual rectifier ccan be modified to produce plenty of effects. In fact, digital effects are mainly waveforems created by sampling what came out of analog electronics, and tehn createing a digital signal generating algorithm that mimiced the analog effects.

A dual rectifer is better than a single one , since you have 2 circuits that can handle rapid phase shifts and voltave inversions (from + to - and vice-versa).

After using a Line-6 digital head, I have been very satisfied with the consistency and rease of setup for digital electronics (Jack White is no longer right about digital being totally evil). SO that's my performing amp of choice. It may become the recording amp of choice too, but for now, I prefer the 'real life' sound of the Mesa to the cacluated and precise sound of the Line-6.