Mesa Boogie Mark V 25 Watter

Rob Logic

yayyyyyy!
May 16, 2006
Newport News, VA
www.myspace.com
Been a long time since shared anything and thought I would throw up a clip of this Christmas gift to myself. I have only played around with it for a couple hours but wanted to try and get a mic on a speaker to see how it tracks. Used the Lasse/Mago DI pack so I didn't waste time scrutinizing my playing and focus on dialing the amp :p

Mesa Boogie 2x12 cab mic'd with an SM57 to the side of the dustcap and 1" off the grill. Xtreme Channel with the gain at 3 o'clock, EQ engaged with V-curve. No post EQ what so ever. I put an EQ on the track and did a basic hi-pass/lo-pass but ultimately bypassed it on the bounce just to show how well I think it does on it's own.

Clip Here

It sounds amazing to me Rob Logic. Very heavy, but very organic too. Double or quad tracked?

Sounds great, very nice and neutral. I'm sure a nicely dialed-in tone like this could take a lot of EQing in order to fit a mix before sounding weird. :)

Sounds great, very nice and neutral. I'm sure a nicely dialed-in tone like this could take a lot of EQing in order to fit a mix before sounding weird. :)

Yeah, super happy with the purchase. The EQ can be super usable with extreme settings when adjusting the presence knob. I've found the treble and the presence controls to be the most critical controls on the amp. Adjust those two guys for attack, use the EQ sliders for shaping tone and the gain for obvious impact and you can't miss. This amp is also wicked loud.