Mesa Boogie Mark V

No, but I owned a MK IV for a while, and it was infinately tweakable, and took me a month of playing with it before I started to get good at dialing in tones. Once I invested the time, that amp was pure bliss! If I had a spare $1100-1300 laying around, I'd by another (used) in a heartbeat!

I don't know of any stores having gotten in yet...but I should be getting a phone call as soon as they do. I'm pretty sure I wont be buying one (for several reasons), but if it really delivers then who knows. On the other hand...once it is out, used Mark III's and IV's will probably start going a little cheaper and I wouldn't mind picking up a mark III.

That would be way too much amp for me...I'm sure with a price tag to match. I've simplified so much...I needed the change. It looks like it could be a life long keeper for the right person.

What the heck is that thing. Air Traffic Control? Is there a knob for "Knobiness"?

MainShot.jpg

I too have simplified. Who wants to buy a GT-6? No, really.

whatever, I could use better tone, better fingers, better taste, better mind, less hastles, a plug and play expensive amp sounds nice but Im a bit disappointed in myself for missing the deadline on this bid http://cgi.ebay.com/ART-SGX-T2-Guit...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50 because even though I have one, I know theres more sounds in this thing and I have multiple amps and the games I could play.... geeze..... LOL

Still I think I would go for a new Carvin V3 vs more money for big name brands but I dont even use a distorsion channel anymore, its all in my SGX

Considering the "cheap" Mesa's go for around $4k here, I think I might be skipping this one. It'd probably be fantastic to have though.

Street price on the head is $2000 if I'm not mistaken. By comparison to the rest of their amps (in a cost vs. features sense) that's actually pretty good I think. Way less than I would've assumed at least.

Street price on the head is $2000 if I'm not mistaken. By comparison to the rest of their amps (in a cost vs. features sense) that's actually pretty good I think. Way less than I would've assumed at least.

Mesa's, like many other "brand" name music products, attract a rather large (see also, excessive) premium here in Australia.

Mesa's, like many other "brand" name music products, attract a rather large (see also, excessive) premium here in Australia.

Right....I should've been clearer in that I was responding to schenk's post before yours. Nonetheless, the prices you guys have to pay on things are unfortunate. I've run into people who buy all their gear on business trips to the US as it's so much cheaper that way.

Right....I should've been clearer in that I was responding to schenk's post before yours. Nonetheless, the prices you guys have to pay on things are unfortunate. I've run into people who buy all their gear on business trips to the US as it's so much cheaper that way.

Yep....I hear about it at Prog Power every year....They go nuts in places like GC.