Mesa Mk3 v Mk4

I remember when I picked up my Mark IV combo for $725. I thought that was a steal. Then a few years later I traded it for the head and got $75 along with the trade! Don't be intimidated if you can't get a good tone right away, it has taken me years to learn the amp and fully appreciate what it has to offer. I'd never sell mine.

I remember when I picked up my Mark IV combo for $725. I thought that was a steal. Then a few years later I traded it for the head and got $75 along with the trade! Don't be intimidated if you can't get a good tone right away, it has taken me years to learn the amp and fully appreciate what it has to offer. I'd never sell mine.

Took me like 2 years to learn mine as well. At first I thought the lead channels eq was broken, because I would turn the bass up and it didn't sound ballsy.....thought I had a good tone, then a few weeks later hated the tone....constant battle.....until I learned that my eq wasnt broken and I was doing it all wrong. Bass at 2, mids 3-5 and treble about 7-8.....then go nuts on the graphic eq.... Sooo much love for the Mark IV. :devil: