Fake Mesa cab ?

mickrich

Aug 2, 2007
What do ya think?
I am no expert on earlier models but tolex is dodgy, No tolex on back, handle is wrong, screw positions are wrong, never seen mono only input on one of these.
I was hoping it was a real one so I could make a low offer and grab it but when I looked at the photos...
I may ask him for photos of the cones with the back off.
I would hate anyone to get shafted on something like this. I reckon it's home made or a cheaper cab with Mesa logo on it.
http://www.adverts.ie/guitar-amps/mesa-boogie-rectifier-2-12-cab-mono/1822346

I have put a non accusing comment on his ad asking if it's the real thing.
Will be interesting to see what his response is.

The wonderful world of adverts.ie!
Saw the fakest Ibanez Jem ever on there a while back on sale for 300 "for one week only". Some great deals to be found though, a fella listed a Mesa Mark III head and cab for 450 euro just the other day. And get this, he said the cab was the valuable piece and was prepared to let the head go for 150! Needless to say it was snapped up immediately, I really need to sign up for text alerts.

I saw that Mesa too.
It was gone by the time I saw it.
I check out the site whenever I'm online a couple of times a day.
I have got some serious bargains on it too.

ESP custom Eclipse €800, Mesa MK4 combo €1150, Ibanez rg550 €230, Limited edition Les Paul Gem with p90s €600.

Log in and comment on that mesa too if you can. I would hate to see some poor fucker parting with 500 quid for that. Friend me on Facebook too. If you are in ever in Dublin call over and see the studio in Blanchardstown. Michael

lol, me and my dad put together a bad with patical board and vinyl that looked more prefesional than that (and this was back when i was like 14 lol :rofl:)

FAKE FAKE FAKETY FAKE FAKE!

I have put a non accusing comment on his ad asking if it's the real thing.
Will be interesting to see what his response is.
yup, and when he takes offense like you outright accused him, you know its a fake :rofl:

I think these guys are really stupid....I mean, you wanna sell a fake thing...at least apply yourself to do something nice...spread the glue for the tolex correctly. I mea, my selfmade cab is builded better than lot of famous cab. This moron want to sell the "best" cab doing a shitty job...Lame.