Mesa Boogie Studio Preamp // Rock // Metal // High Gain // Whatever

Dude, nice tone for sure. I am a bit biased though, I run the almost identical rig, without the decimator. I also am micing a old school metal grill Meas 4x12 cab with an SM57 into a Focusrite.
I find some AMAZING violin like lead tones out of this rig.

Dude, nice tone for sure. I am a bit biased though, I run the almost identical rig, without the decimator. I also am micing a old school metal grill Meas 4x12 cab with an SM57 into a Focusrite.
I find some AMAZING violin like lead tones out of this rig.
Thanks! May I ask what EQ settings you are running on the Studio Pre for lead tones? Wouldn´t suggest the classical V-setting, but enhancing the mids at 750Hz or even an "anti"-V-setting. Thats the reason why I think the Studio Pre can do modern metal tones, but not singing mid-ranged lead tones at the same time, since it has only 1 EQ, which is shared between the channels and not programmable, unfortunately.

Thanks! May I ask what EQ settings you are running on the Studio Pre for lead tones? Wouldn´t suggest the classical V-setting, but enhancing the mids at 750Hz or even an "anti"-V-setting. Thats the reason why I think the Studio Pre can do modern metal tones, but not singing mid-ranged lead tones at the same time, since it has only 1 EQ, which is shared between the channels and not programmable, unfortunately.
I will have to check to be sure, but I as I recall (my amp is in a sound proof closet so I don't see it every time I play)but I think it is very V'd out with some slight mods. I do however often use a Keely modded OD to hit it on the front end and that does give me some tone shaping ability. I here you on the two channel issue, I often wish I had gone with the Quad pre amp. Will let you know settings soon.