Mesa Cab - Speaker Recommendations

cfh11

Apr 25, 2012
Boston, MA
i have a Mesa OS and a Mesa trad slant cab with v30s. both sound great to my ears but i am thinking of doing an x pattern in one with some different speakers to try and differentiate them a bit. any thoughts on the best speaker to pair with v30s? and should i do it in the OS cab or the standard one?

I have a Marshall with the typical two V30's and two T75's. It's alright, I guess they compliment each other, but I would honestly prefer to have only one kind of speaker in there.

leaning heavily towards these at the moment

http://wgs4.com/content/et65

i have heard good things about the k100 too... i wish there was an easy way to test this sort of thing but the damn speakers are soldered in on the mesa cabs :mad:

anyone have any thoughts on whether the OS or standard recto cab is a better candidate for the x pattern?

If you want a tighter sound out of the GK100S, put them in the standard. If you want big tones where you'll likely have to roll back the bass, the OS.

I have a V30/GK100 combo in my Emperor 4x12. Sounds epic. The G12T-75s are a great mix, too. That's what Bogner puts in their Ubercab.