Mesa cabinet 4x12 4fb is it a standard, traditional or something else?

the standard is like a slant with an overhang

the traditional is either a normal slant or straight

those are the only two recent production 4x12's i've seen from mesa

Heya,
No the diference is in the size of the cab. Standard recto cabs are bigger than a normal 4x12. The Traditional is smaller. Both can be Straight or Slant.
I suppose if u dont have a reference, measure it and then compare with the dimensions on Boogies site.
Cheers

Digamma said:
Heya,
No the diference is in the size of the cab. Standard recto cabs are bigger than a normal 4x12. The Traditional is smaller. Both can be Straight or Slant.
I suppose if u dont have a reference, measure it and then compare with the dimensions on Boogies site.
Cheers

Hi!!!

That's what I did, but mine looks more like the traditional one photo on the Mesa site.
But the dimensions are like the standard one.
Maybe I need glasses :loco:

Mesa%202fb%20cabinet.jpg-thumb_194_194.jpg

Eddy (RawMachine) said:

that looks like a traditional cab to me

but now that i think of it, they did make a recto (oversized) cab that was built like that, but i've only seen those with the diamond plating on them

you have to measure the thing man. and if you post the measurements be sure to mention if you had the casters on or not. better yet, measure the cab NOT INCLUDING the casters and MENTION that.

cobrahead1030 said:
that looks like a traditional cab to me

but now that i think of it, they did make a recto (oversized) cab that was built like that, but i've only seen those with the diamond plating on them

At the time I had the option to have the cabinet with diamond (I think the name was armoured if I remember) plate, but it would take longer so I bought it without.

Matt Crooks said:
I have one w/o the diamond plate.

is yours as tall as the OS, but without the overhang on the top? they very well may have made one like that, but i've never seen one

edit: btw are you in a band from the VA area? i'm just a few hours down the highway from you (greenville SC)