Mesa Dual Rectifier SOLO vs Mesa Dual Rectifier ROADSTER!?

WesNyle269

Oct 10, 2008
Niles, Michigan
www.facebook.com
So I just got my used mesa dual rectifier solo yesterday.... This thing is not in good condition. Has Groove Tubes instead of Mesa Tubes and a list of things that doesn't make it four stars... So what is the difference between the mesa dual and the roadster? Cause I found one on guitar center for $1300 and I'm thinking about getting it, four channels plus I get reverb and extras lol. Do what you guys think?

Will the roadster be used? If not I would go for it since your solo head is not in a good condition anyways. Edit: try searching for sounds on youtube. Some people say the roadster is more versatile than the dual rectifier and that the roadster is "less fizzy, potentially tighter and generally darker."

OK, I just wanted to know if they actually sound the same or whatever. I know the Roadster has one more channel but is it better or do they sound the same? The Roadster IS used but I had the guy send me pictures and it LOOKS great! The Dual Solo head I got was $1100 (plus extra shit). It doesnt have original Mesa Tubes, instead of the backplate guarding the tubes its a board painted gold.... two knobs are missing on the back, the power plug (where I plug the power cord INTO the back) is loose and if I try to unplug it, its bound to COME OUT. The "pods" are dirty and when I turn the volume up it makes the dirty static noise. I was TOLD it was the 50/100 watt switchable version of the Dual and its NOT and there was like one or two more things but yeah.... BULLSHIT! LOL! So im going to return it and get the roadster im thinking.

I just wanted to know if they are technically the same amp but one has another channel or if they are TOTALLY different sounding?

The 3rd channel on the Roadster sounds exactly the same as the 3rd channel on the Dual. The 4th channel on the dual sounds more middy, more solo orientated. Verbs ok but even on max its not really audible, alright for cleans though.

I thought these were too loud for your place?

Im not to sure, all I know is with the 100 watt head I can achieve the tone I want at lower volumes. So it does me good. So im thinking im going to get the Roadster, if I dont like it ill return it lol. But the GC guy asked me what I wanted to compensate for the unsatisfaction I received from the product. So the Mesa Dual was $1100 and the Roadster is $1300 so im going to tell him I want free shipping all around and drop the price of the Roadster from $1300 to $1100! lol.