Mesa OS 4x12 Speaker Shootout

Jaymz

Stymphalian Productions
May 20, 2006
York
www.facebook.com
Hey guys,

Would you be so kind to give these little clips a listen and give me your opinion on your fav speaker?

It's really a stupidly quick test before I reamp for real....I don't have the bandwidth for WAV's so MP3's it is, it gives you the general idea anyway.

As I say this isn't a tone experiment just a speaker character tester as none of the clips are "epic" sounding =p

Thanks!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/451140/Mesa OS Speaker Shootout.rar

TR for me. Not part of my decision, but that's the speaker I chose for my own Mesa OS cab as well because it sounded like there was the least amount of junk in the tone. Wonder if it's inherent to the cab design and not so much speaker variation? TL is second best for me, a nice cutting thrash tone. Both B speakers are too devoid of mids that it's uncomfortable to listen to for me. Might have a different reaction in the mix though.

EDIT: Shocking the amount of similarity there is between your test, and the results of my test that I did a few years back of the same cab.

1 - TL
2 - BR
3 - BL
4 - TR

Although I'm not sure about the 3 and 4, but I'm sure about 1 and 2. :)

BL & TR are quite phasey sounding I think dude. Definitely TL, as I sense there is a tad of the phasiness in BR too. Could just be the quick mic up though, but thats the one i'd undoubtedly use if that cant be cured.

Btw Jaymz, would you mind sharing what year of make this cab is (and if the speakers are original)?