Mesa Road King

IrfaanSE801

Jan 18, 2002
New York, USA
Visit site
Went to Guitar Center today to mess around a lil. I played a cple different amps, but the one that blew me away and left me with an ear to ear grin was the mesa road king halfstack. Never played on expensive or even decent gear before so if I sound overexcited it's for that reason. I never heard a amp with such high gain have such a beautiful clean channel. I was amazed over that alone. I didn't mess around with the Mark IV too much, but I tried that new F100 amp. Clean was great, dist was kinda cool. It just lacked that high end shrill on the dist channel for me. Road King was sickening. Played a few pieces from In Flames, The Crown and The Haunted and it was perfect. Pricy tag, but I think it's well worth the investment. Anyone else have any comments on this amp, or any other amp in general post em. Love hearing what people think of other gear. Gets me an idea of what else is cool.

look incredible as fuck, also looks really complicated..lol that amp has way toooo many options for me like 50 switches on that thing. It looks amazing though, pand I can see know it sounds eually as bad ass.

Yeah, get a dual or triple recto... Save a few bucks, and get better tone.

I hear the bottom end is not as tight as with the dual or triples...

Hey Thorns. I go to Kingsborough. Special K by the Bay, lol. Yah, I tried the Mark IV, but the damn thing took me so long to figure out that the lady showed me to the F100, lol. Wasen't by choice, it was just that I was too dumb for that amp. I play on a shitty Yamaha amp with 6 controls on it. That one had round 30. Xenphobe, isn't the Road King a dual recto, just nother ver of it?

The Road King would be like the Quad Recto...

Too many bells and whistles for me. I like things plain and simple...