Mesa Stiletto Deuece Clip

aside from the noise it sounded pretty good, but a bit on the dark side

The clicking/cracking noise was from the bass. I managed to mess the bass track up somehow. The click also bled into the bass mix so now and then you hear the harsh sharp TICK when the compression kindly elevates it for me.

Hmmm that Stiletto sounds just like my buddies Recto when he swapped the 6L6's for EL-34's

It has KT77's in it (JJ's), and tung sols in the pre.

I have a triple recto but have not played it yet because I switched it on and a tube didnt like me and tried to blind me with a blue flash. New tubes come tomorrow.:kickass:

It has KT77's in it (JJ's), and tung sols in the pre.
QUOTE]

Yum... Can't wait for my 77's to get here.... Did you buy them from Eurotubes?

They came with the amp. I already had agreed to swap it for my Les Paul Studio. It was being shipped and I asked him what tubes were in it.

When he told me KT77's and tung sols I gave myself a high five. :kickass:

this sounds like there was a mic on a guitar cab at practice, and that track was solo'd

is that on purpose? the drums are like, bouncing off the speaker of the cab and hitting the mic, haha

just out of curiosity whats that YJM boost pedal like, in comparison to say a tubescreamer? i've always wanted to try one in front of my dsl combo on the clean channel cranked, to see what kind of result i'd get.

just out of curiosity whats that YJM boost pedal like, in comparison to say a tubescreamer? i've always wanted to try one in front of my dsl combo on the clean channel cranked, to see what kind of result i'd get.

It robs bass (just like a TS) and adds fluid drive up the wazz. It is HORRIBLE on an amp that lacks bass but with flabby amps it is the mutts nuts. It is going real cheap new and is well worth the price. Stupid that it does not have an LED for on and off though!

this sounds like there was a mic on a guitar cab at practice, and that track was solo'd

is that on purpose? the drums are like, bouncing off the speaker of the cab and hitting the mic, haha

Lol if you saw where I was recording you would think I was crazy.

I live in a condo, so I have my amp in my bedroom, and snake the speaker cable into a closet and close the door. The closet is small and full of clothes and I usually use a 1x12 I made out of a speaker box subwoofer from a car.

Tonight I am going to do the same track with a triple recto in the mix and take out one of the stilettos. It will be interesting to see how they mix.

I wish I could crank it though...

The noise is coming from my CRT monitor and bad soldering on my bass. I just found a 24 inch LCD wide screen for $280 new so I am going to spam a guitar to get one.