Message from Craig Watson UKThrash.co.uk forums (Mike's Memorial Fund

Slatanictrash

Aug 5, 2009
Glasgow
Hi everyone,
This is just to update those of you who aren't a member of the UKThrash.co.uk forums, and also to personally thank you for donating and showing your support.

After almost three months of donations, we can announce that a grand total of £1,589 has been collected for Mike's family, including £600 from a fundraiser gig at the Snooty Fox in Wakefield, UK in November 2009.

The donations have gone far beyond anything we imagined when we first came up with the idea on the forums. The credit has to go to yourselves for this; the people who have dug into your pockets and given to the memory of Mike Alexander.

It has personally astounded me at just how much of a family spirit there is within heavy metal, and it's an amazing feeling to see this family pulling together - albeit in such tragic circumstances.

Again, thank you. RIP Mike.

Craig Watson

** UKThrash.co.uk Technical Administrator **

Well done everybody that contributed towards this fund via the UKTrash forum,

I recieved this email and I thought I would post it up here

AWESOME. :D

I would've added some to that total, but Paypal is gay. :lol:

I feel like listening to Metamorphosis now. :kickass:

This. Even though it's more like UK Man Gash sometimes, as a community there's none better.Even though we all hate White Hazzard.

I'm fucking astounded at the amount raised though!

Oh yeh the forum community has gone down hill... i used to love it when it was dead busy, but some people cried at the big bois and now its naff.