Metal 2015

Most excited for these:

01.05 Korpiklaani - Noita
08.05 Arcturus - Arcturian
18.05 Faith No More - Sol Invictus
19.05 Weedeater - Goliathan

It's been a long time coming on that Arcturus. Teaser track is maybe a 7/10 for me.

Anyone ever check out Hestnaes's (sp? fuckit) Lamented Souls? I'd fuckin love to see that revived eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to break it to you but the new Arcturus is a letdown. Given that they had 10 years to write an album, I'm very disappointed - and I'm a huge Arcturus fan. It isn't bad but there's nothing weird going on, and the songs, at least most of them, are very straight forward without the dynamism that made all the previous records as good as they are. Just my opinion.

New Weedeater will be cool. Reminds me I don't own any of their albums, which I need to change. Hey Carpe you check out the new Monolord?

New Weedeater will be cool. Reminds me I don't own any of their albums, which I need to change. Hey Carpe you check out the new Monolord?

I haven't listened to any Monolord, but that band name is telling.

New Lamb of God. Guitars resemble the sound they had on Wrath, and Randy's vocals are fucking massive, like on Ashes of the Wake. Pretty interested.

Ufomammut - Ecate

Track 2 is a straight up wall of psychedelic doom. Track 1 is a solid trippy build up to it.

I'm surprised Ozz wasn't jizzing over new Armored Saint.

Listening to the new Disarmonia Mundi. I think it's a step back from the last two albums. It's not "bad", it's just seriously lacking in the hooks dept relatively speaking.